Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Getting started with the engine wiring
marcotuinenburg

posted on 6/2/06 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Getting started with the engine wiring

I now reached the point to get started with the wiring. I tried to avoid this part of the build but i found out my car wouldn't start without all those wires.
I do have a wiring diagram.
What's the best way to get started with the wiring ?
I'm using a fireblade engine and already took off al the black tape from the original fireblade wiring loom.
(it's a 1999 fireblade with carbs)

ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/2/06 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
What i did with my 99 blade was start off as you did, then go through the haynes manual diagram and cross off all the wires you don't need, then go through the loom and start cutting them out. Its a bit nerve wracking to start with and it all looks a right mess initially, but for me at least it all came together quite nicely, by the time you're half way through you're confident in what's what so rarely need to refer back to the diagram.

Chris

marcotuinenburg

posted on 6/2/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
oké, i think i will start with it next weekend.

Thanks.

Howlor

posted on 6/2/06 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I did exactly the same. I also used the wiring diagram that one of the guys off here sent to me. I will email it to you as it was very good.

What you have to do is earth many of the switch connections, so things like the stand switch and the clutch switch all need to be put to earth. I ended up with a very neat length of wiring in the end. It is possible to separate out the starter solenoid and regulator loom from the main bit.

Steve

tigris

posted on 6/2/06 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
grounding

howlor-please elaborate on the grounding of clutch and stand. Do I simply splice these into the ground line, thus eliminating the need for the ecu/ignitor to see that they are engaged? Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.