<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Budget Con?
Benzine

posted on 22/3/12 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
It's really sh*t isn't it... !!!

I mean look at all the starving people in the UK. All those forced to live a homeless existence.

No one looks after our medical or social needs.

No one can afford to run a car, or have satellite TV, or can afford copious amounts of alcohol, tobacco and fast food.

It just sucks when you really think about it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 22/3/12 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

T66

posted on 22/3/12 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
As previously stated, nothing can be done about this.

I do feel sorry for families struggling with day to day living, I've been there and it's hard.

The key to this is stop watching the news, especially the bbc , and fill your day full of laughs.

All politicians are interested in, is themselves, they all lie, and are not interested in me or you.

No integrity egotistical turds.

D Beddows

posted on 22/3/12 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Originally posted by scootz It's really sh*t isn't it... !!! I mean look at all the starving people in the UK. All those forced to live a homeless existence. No one looks after our medical or social needs. No one can afford to run a car, or have satellite TV, or can afford copious amounts of alcohol, tobacco and fast food. It just sucks when you really think about it!

With respect Scootz coming from a man who can afford (whatever the circumstances) to buy the thing you do on a whim that's a little insensitive don't you think!?......... yeah there's obviously always someone worse off than you and I realise you're probably referring the the Jeremy Kyle nation but after a year or two of going to work 40 hours a week and having little to no money spare to have 'fun' with it does start to really p*ss you off.........

Steve Hignett

posted on 22/3/12 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure that most people on here can defend themselves...
However, with regard to Scootz, he's not someone that's especially frivolous with his money - it's actually that he just makes some poor decisions and then changes his mind often.
As for the amount of money "one" spends, that's all relative too. ie. what a person's expenditure is for eg mortgage payments still being paid or now mortgage free etc.
Travelling money ie, still in work and travelling everyday all over the place.
Drinking and smoking etc. I think the only thing he does that's naughty nowadays is have the odd chockie biccy too many!
And whether you spend money doing things - extra curricular hobby's that cost lots of money...

Back to Basic's, I believe Scootz's disability (or I should say, lack of ability!), means that he has been retired from a hard working job and now has to occupy his time.

This has nothing to do with his well meaning feelings towadrds the rest of the nation...

scootz

posted on 22/3/12 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
Back to Basic's, I believe Scootz's disability (or I should say, lack of ability!), means that he has been retired from a hard working job and now has to occupy his time.

I nearly just choked on a mouthful of coffee from laughing hard!

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 22/3/12 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
With respect Scootz coming from a man who can afford (whatever the circumstances) to buy the thing you do on a whim that's a little insensitive don't you think!?......... yeah there's obviously always someone worse off than you and I realise you're probably referring the the Jeremy Kyle nation but after a year or two of going to work 40 hours a week and having little to no money spare to have 'fun' with it does start to really p*ss you off.........

Trust me... you know absolutely nothing about where I've come from, where I'm at and where I'm going! Nor what I can or cannot afford. Wasting money on car parts is an unfortunate by-product of a health issue (I'll explain why via U2U if anyone feels particularly nosey!). The fact that I've not been bankrupted by this behaviour is down to choices that I've made in my life... not to have kids, not to drink, not to smoke, not to wear fancy gear, not to go out clubbing, etc. etc. In essence I live a very boring life (in some peoples eyes) and as sad as it may seem, fannying about with car parts is my only extravagance.

Sure, I've had it comfy for most parts of my life and I've had plenty of good luck, but I know hardship as there's also been some incredibly hard times to endure. I've gone to bed painfully hungry and painfully cold. But you know what... I'm still here! I never starved and I never froze. Conscientious parents aided by 'the system' never let that happen to me... and as I understand it, that 'system' will still provide the necessary support if someone - ANYONE - really needs it!

Many have come to expect everything for little (or nothing in some cases) in this country and it bugs me!

I hear the same moaning at EVERY single budget, but I've yet to see the sky dishes coming off the side off houses, the cars being removed from driveways, the alcohol, tobacco and fast food junk staying on the shelves, the pubs being empty, the designer clothes remaining on hangers, etc. etc.

By all means keep some pressure on the Govt to get a fair deal for you and yours, but FFS I wish some would quit the constant whining about being 'hard-done' to when the reality is that we generally lead a fairly comfortable existence in this country!

The ONLY aim in many other parts of the world for humans is to survive... and that's it... nothing else matters!

Now if anyone still feels like venting their spleen, then go and tell the parents of a starving child in a Third World area how tough it's going to become for you and yours due to our recent budget changes! I'd be interested to hear their reply...

[Edited on 22/3/12 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

sdh2903

posted on 22/3/12 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
There is a calculator on the BBC website when you put all you're details in it will give you a figure of gain or loss. Surprisingly I'm going to be 300 a year better off. However I don't smoke and only drink occasionally.

Put your numbers in and see what it comes up with

bobinspain

posted on 22/3/12 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Thank heavens Scott!
With the hand-wringing solemnity of the reply-posts to your original, for a moment there I was doubting your irony, (silly me!)

Onwards and sideways!

Bob.

daviep

posted on 22/3/12 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
quote:

Originally posted by scootz It's really sh*t isn't it... !!! I mean look at all the starving people in the UK. All those forced to live a homeless existence. No one looks after our medical or social needs. No one can afford to run a car, or have satellite TV, or can afford copious amounts of alcohol, tobacco and fast food. It just sucks when you really think about it!

TBH I agree with scootz.

If everybody would stop moaning and actually do something to try and improve their situation then things would improve for the whole nation.

The answer to the problem is very simple if analyzed using "davies logic"

PROBLEM1 - Do not earn enough to support desired standard of living
SOLUTION - Get a job which pays more
PROBLEM 2 - No jobs locally which meet criteria
SOLUTION - Look further afield (abroad if required)
PROBLEM 3 - Don't want to move or have to work away from home
SOLUTION - Stop moaning and reduce your expectations.

Three problems three solutions in less time than it takes to boil the kettle

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

scootz

posted on 22/3/12 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
The answer to the problem is very simple if analyzed using "davies logic"

PROBLEM1 - Do not earn enough to support desired standard of living
SOLUTION - Get a job which pays more
PROBLEM 2 - No jobs locally which meet criteria
SOLUTION - Look further afield (abroad if required)
PROBLEM 3 - Don't want to move or have to work away from home
SOLUTION - Stop moaning and reduce your expectations.

Three problems three solutions in less time than it takes to boil the kettle

Cheers
Davie

A = Accuracy
B = Brevity
C = Clarity

It's all that's required (and something I'm often incapable of ).

It's Evolution Baby!

Ninehigh

posted on 22/3/12 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love to look for a job overseas... But my Visa is the "debit" type and not the "work abroad" type

D Beddows

posted on 22/3/12 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Lol obviously just me then! - and I'm looking at life in far too selfish/simplistic a fashion

And Scootz - I am aware of your circumstances and a fairish amount of your history which is why I put in '(whatever the circumstances)' and whatever I wrote certainly wasn't an attack on your lifestyle if that's how it came across!

scootz

posted on 22/3/12 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely no offence taken.

It's Evolution Baby!

vanepico

posted on 22/3/12 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Just seen how much I'd be spending on accommodation

The pennies I get from student finance won't even cover it.

scudderfish

posted on 22/3/12 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
daviep for PM! Scootz for Chancellor!
scootz

posted on 22/3/12 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vanepico

If you really want to study, then you'll find a way to work it in with one or more part-time jobs.

It's Evolution Baby!

vanepico

posted on 22/3/12 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
This is during my minimum wage placement year, theres just more and more hidden fees I have to pay, I'd rather sleep in a car than pay 90 per week for a room!

90*52 = ~£4500!!!

[Edited on 22/3/12 by vanepico]

Ninehigh

posted on 22/3/12 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:

If you really want to study, then you'll find a way to work it in with one or more part-time jobs.

Oh you might want to be guaranteed a job first... I risked everything to become a qualified mechanic last year.. Now I don't even bother looking for work in the field because I have no idea what I learned I've had that much practice

scootz

posted on 22/3/12 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Oh you might want to be guaranteed a job first...

Never going to happen. Far too many graduates and not enough positions in their area of learning.

It's Evolution Baby!

Ninehigh

posted on 22/3/12 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
True that's part of why I said it... Even before "all the financial problems" started the local college was teaching 40 students in beauty and similar stuff with 25 jobs for them to go into

vanepico

posted on 22/3/12 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
I would've thought there would be more call for engineers, but at my college there were more people doing beauty courses than any other. There can't be that many jobs for beauty people!
alistairolsen

posted on 22/3/12 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
daviep for PM! Scootz for Chancellor!

Even with his somewhat impulsive tendencies, he'd still be an improvement on the one eyed idiot!

My Build Thread

SeanStone

posted on 22/3/12 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
try and do a course conversion in and oil and gas discipline, or mechanical engineering then get into oil and gas. there is a massive deficiency, especially in subsea
coozer

posted on 22/3/12 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I would've thought there would be more call for engineers, but at my college there were more people doing beauty courses than any other. There can't be that many jobs for beauty people!

I'm an engineer of sorts, automotive engineer by vocation. Got made redundant 3 years ago and all I get offered is to go work for that damn awful place they call Nissan.. wish there was somewhere else near me.. I do miss the Mondeo and working for Ford...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.