bi22le

posted on 3/3/14 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67
I don't normally watch it so no real great expectations and found it ok tonight, how did JC loose the BMW on the straight, I think he would struggle in some of our cars. He wouldn't actually fit in mine.

staged. I watch a lot of top gear and am quite fond of it. It entertains me. They stage, script and perform everything. No doubt that was to.

5th is back on now. First episode was reviewing the new 911 and pitching it against a noble and skyline. Guest reviewer was bruno senna. Thats a car program!!

I'm not so sure it was staged, aquaplaning at high speed in a RWD car can do exactly what happened on TG. FWD cars tend to go straight on, whereas RWD cars want to swap ends.

at 120mph I would be surprised if the RWD was any different. Not much torque up at that speed to spin the wheels.

if the circuit or RWD cars were that bad then it would be happening all of the time, this is not the first RWD damp track review. Also, why was there no extermal footage of the car spinning shown?

just saying. Im not bothered either way but I do know most is staged.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

owelly

posted on 3/3/14 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
In my experience, torque has very little to do with aquaplaning. Nor has power really. It's speed, tyres and wet stuff. The fact that there was no exterior footage sort of hints that it wasn't staged, much like JCs reactions inside the car. It was obvious, he was a passenger who was rather concerned where he was going to end up. If it was staged, then there would have been loads of shots, in slomo, of the car gracefully spining through deep puddles, over the grass and through a stack of errant cardboard boxes...

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul AS

posted on 3/3/14 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

this is not the first RWD damp track review

Damp? I'm glad it wasn't wet!

morcus

posted on 3/3/14 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say the lack of external footage suggests it's real but I'm also in the camp that doesn't care if it's staged or not as most of it is (And better for it, things look much more boring in real life).

I actually thought the 135i Vs Golf thing was very interesting and turned into actual consumer advice and the thing about cycling was also good.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

David Jenkins

posted on 3/3/14 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
5th is back on now. First episode was reviewing the new 911 and pitching it against a noble and skyline. Guest reviewer was bruno senna. Thats a car program!!

Bugger - it's on Discovery channel... I've only got freeview/freesat

Scuzzle

posted on 3/3/14 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
The one thing I have noticed with Top Gear is that in every review done on their track and every Star In a Reasonably Priced Car segment this current season it has been totally teaming down with rain every time.
I am a car enthusiast and I will watch just about anything with cars in it, Top Gear has got worse over the last few years but every season is only 7 episodes long so it feels like it's over in no time.

I'm on Freesat so no 5th Gear for me either unless I can find it on some internet TV catch up service.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.