Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone have a need for this?
GO

posted on 15/4/03 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the advice guys.

Engine etc should be coming out this weekend, should have a much clearer idea of what needs to be done then.

Bart, I was hoping someone would say that about the air pump, the conclusion I came to initially was that it could all be removed but not knowing much (if anything) about these engines - just that they get very hot - I wanted to be on the safe side. It was the "Never Remove Air Pump" label on the top of it that had me really worried!!

As for the bonnet bulge, I think I may follow your advice on that, got to be safer than chopping sump and/or inlet manifold. However, I already have my bonnet, and its fibreglass - guess I've got some more learnign to do as to how to go about adding a bulge to it, and making it look nice!!

Also, what do you mean by the front cover?

Bas, pics will be going up soon, I'll get some clearer pictures of the engine once its out. I'll have to have a good read through the rx7club site.

BasOlij

posted on 15/4/03 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Go,

cool, I'll be looking forward to those:-)

Greetz,

Bastiaan Olij
1984 Porsche 944 type 2
1981 Delorean DMC-12

Emmel

posted on 18/4/03 at 12:59 AM Reply With Quote
Front cover? Front mount?

Hey Bart,
what do u mean by front mount?

As far as I know, there are no engine mounts connected to the front cover.
If I think of the 13B engine, it is connected to the subframe by two engine mounts connected to the housings.. and of course there are 6 bolts to the transmission, which is not compatible with the 12A either.

What seems the best solution to me is to keep the whole subframe with enginemounts and suspension elements from FC (86-91) AND to keep all the FC dimensions (distance between front and rear wheels...) as well.
With that done, u will be able to use FC cardan, tranny, engine etc from the FC

AND

anytime u find your car too slow, u can go Turbo without any changes to the chasis.

Dean

posted on 18/4/03 at 01:25 AM Reply With Quote
Can you email me that file, Thanks
Dean

posted on 18/4/03 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
I guess a e-mail adress would be helpful lol DeanofCanada@hotmail.com, thanks again.
hIGGI

posted on 23/4/03 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emmel
Hey Bart,
what do u mean by front mount?

As far as I know, there are no engine mounts connected to the front cover.
If I think of the 13B engine, it is connected to the subframe by two engine mounts connected to the housings.. and of course there are 6 bolts to the transmission, which is not compatible with the 12A either.

What seems the best solution to me is to keep the whole subframe with enginemounts and suspension elements from FC (86-91) AND to keep all the FC dimensions (distance between front and rear wheels...) as well.
With that done, u will be able to use FC cardan, tranny, engine etc from the FC

AND

anytime u find your car too slow, u can go Turbo without any changes to the chasis.

Well, 12A mounting is different than 13B and u COULD use 12A front cover on 13B engine....it fits ok

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GO

posted on 23/4/03 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
I may be wrong on this but my 13B has mount studs on the engine for a front mount on the front left hand side of the engine looking from the back (i.e. opposite to exhaust side).

Bas, I promise I'll get some pics and measurements up soon. My digi cam is playing up and eating batteries!

BasOlij

posted on 23/4/03 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Go,

okay cool thanks, hope you get your digicam fixed soon. I am going to take some pictures myself soon aswell as Bart has taken apart an FC:-)

Greetz,

Bastiaan Olij
1984 Porsche 944 type 2
1981 Delorean DMC-12

hIGGI

posted on 23/4/03 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
u could see plenty of FC pictures from our shop at http://rx7cz.net/photos/
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dalefaulkner

posted on 23/4/03 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis

Great picture,

I dont suppose that I could have it in a format that ACAD2002 would read, cheers mate.

Dale

dalefaulkner@yahoo.co.uk

BasOlij

posted on 23/4/03 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Dale,

Sorry mate, only have in in max format. Don't know if ACAD can import max files....

Greetz,

Bas

Greetz,

Bastiaan Olij
1984 Porsche 944 type 2
1981 Delorean DMC-12

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.