Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Motorsport Events Abingdon
scutter

posted on 12/11/08 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Motorsport Events Abingdon

Does anyone fancy helping out a trackday virgin on the 5th of Dec, at Abingdon.

For a start, no i'm not paying but the more the merrier as long as it's dry, if not then I feel I may need as much space as possible.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pants On Fire

posted on 13/11/08 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
What do you need help with?

I can let you in on the following........

Surface is OK, not the best it's quite hard on tyres as a lot is concrete rather than tarmac.
It's an airfield but don't think that having an off will be plain sailing, there's a lot to hit at Abingdon in the way of low brick and iron structures in the long grass.

Coming out of the final chicane there is a large grass bank off to your right, it shouldn't come into play, however I saw a Clio shoot off up it and come to rest on the top of it, quite how the driver managed that I do not know.

Plenty of room to have a play with your car, fuel 2 mins away at Tesco/Esso in Abingdon and food on site in the way of burgers etc (usually)

MSE run good days and don't stand for any nonsense, firm but friendly.

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

scutter

posted on 13/11/08 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Mr P.O.F,

Cheers for the comments, I'm only at Brize Norton up the road, I think your last line was the most reassuring, being a novice.

Is it open pit lane do you know? and do novices get highlighted to others so they can give me a wide berth

As for tyres, I've done 20000 miles on these uniroyals that came with the alloys, wearing them out would be a good excuse to upgrade when I move onto proper circuits.

Cheers once again Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JUD

posted on 15/11/08 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Dan

Can't make 5th - got a business meeting that i can't duck. At least it is in the UK this time.

Let me know how you get on - I'll likely not venture on track now till next year.

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

bob

posted on 15/11/08 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Friday 5th

I'm off shift Dan whats the plan and what time, also have you got a postcode of the abingdon field.

Obviosly i wil have to get a pass from Mrs bob as i am penciled in for something else that morning

scutter

posted on 17/11/08 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like i'm not playing on the 5th as I may have just brought as new tow car.

ATB Dan.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.