Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where do I buy radiator hose?
scoobyis2cool

posted on 14/4/04 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Where do I buy radiator hose?

Can anyone tell me a good place to buy radiator hose? I'm gonna need straight bits, bends and t-pieces by the looks of things, anyone know of a good supplier?

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chris Leonard

posted on 14/4/04 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
halfords do flexible radiator hose in various lengths. I dont think they do t pieces etc
zetec

posted on 14/4/04 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Merlin Motorsports have good selection. I got some Samco ones from them. Samco stuff bit pricy but good if you need to make up tricky shapes or need reducers.
scoobyis2cool

posted on 14/4/04 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I had a look at Merlin but they do look very expensive, is there anywhere that does cheaper stuff or is this just the going rate?

Pete

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 14/4/04 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Scooby - try Hose Direct.. they do all types of Hose (Silicunt or convenshional) to order in a number of colours (Silicon only). They are very reasonably priced!

Details on our website! Links

scoobyis2cool

posted on 14/4/04 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Hellfire, which type do I need to go for, is it Air + Water or Hydraulic?

http://www.hosedirect.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Pete

[Edited on 14/4/04 by scoobyis2cool]

[Edited on 15/4/04 by scoobyis2cool]

[Edited on 15/4/04 by scoobyis2cool]

scoobyis2cool

posted on 15/4/04 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Also, i need 32mm pipes and hosedirect only seem to stock up to 1"

Pete

JoelP

posted on 15/4/04 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
i got tubes from europa, they do a wonderful flexible one called vulcoflex, you can tie it in knots without it kinking. I think this is the same as the halfords one. I need to find a 32/32/16mm copper t-piece myself, but once you have this then the vulcoflex hoses are perfect.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 15/4/04 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Joel, I had a look at their site and I think they'd probably be perfect. I'll need T-pieces as well soon but haven't finalised what sizes I need. I did see some in B&Q this afternoon but they look a bit too small I think, let me know if you find a good stockist

Pete

JoelP

posted on 15/4/04 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
i was just going to put a post on here and see if anyone knew where to get them or someone who could make them! price doesnt matter at a time like this!!!!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 15/4/04 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
i was just going to put a post on here and see if anyone knew where to get them or someone who could make them! price doesnt matter at a time like this!!!!

I'm sure there must be somewhere that sells T-pieces, I'm sure they must be a fairly common requirement.

Maybe someone else has used them and knows where to get them...?

Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.