Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Plumbing work
goaty

posted on 8/7/10 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
Plumbing work

Hi to all,
Not sure if people will agree with me putting this but i am basically putting a little ad out for work.
I am a self employed plumber who has now decided to start a small firm up with a friend of mine. I thought i would basically put a little bit on here to say if anyone needs some work or has any work to sub contract out i would be very happy for some business.
We are Gas safe registered and very experienced in pretty much all types of domestic and some commercial plumbing and heating.
We are based in Redhill, Surrey so will work through most of the south east within reason of course, if you work for a builder who may need some plumbers i would be very grateful if you could get in touch and possibly sort out me getting in contact in the possibility of arranging some work. I have an opening letter which i could forward on if possible...
hope that someone is able to help.
Many thanks in advance.
Joe

mads

posted on 8/7/10 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
joe,
before someone reports you for putting up a traders post you might want to contact chris or fozzie with regards to getting a traders status on here

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

fesycresy

posted on 8/7/10 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Trader status for a quick plug for his new company?

As long as he doesn't start advertising in his footer, it shouldn't be a problem surely?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Humbug

posted on 8/7/10 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
Trader status for a quick plug for his new company?

As long as he doesn't start advertising in his footer, it shouldn't be a problem surely?

I agree - a one-off request isn't really "trading" is it?

mads

posted on 8/7/10 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
i cant see a problem with it myself but there may be others who dont see it like that.. its worth his time running it past the admins i would think?

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

mistergrumpy

posted on 8/7/10 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Other people have links to their own business in their footer and get away with it.
I think that as there's potential to make an amount of money off the back of someones website that they're paying for as oppose to just selling the odd item then it'll probably be asked to be removed. I think that's how it works, I can't find anything set down though.

jossey

posted on 8/7/10 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
bit harsh really for that plug.

i have sold a few bits on here not car related.

quote:
Originally posted by mads
joe,
before someone reports you for putting up a traders post you might want to contact chris or fozzie with regards to getting a traders status on here

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 8/7/10 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think they're a personal jibe at Goaty just a recommendation.
I've had dealings with himin the past and he's not unreasonable in any way so I'm sure he'll understand.

goaty

posted on 8/7/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
ok my bad guys, i really didn't realise, its not so much an ad as more a request for business....i can see your point.
how and who do i get in touch with for the matter?
thanks guys, didn't mean to case any problems.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.