Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX9R rad?
Smooth Torquer

posted on 29/5/04 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
ZX9R rad?

Hi guys

Will a ZX9R E1 radiator fit in a standard nose cone?

And are there any parts on the radiator which i need for the rest of the engine, such as temperature sensors or anything?

Thanks in advance
Sam

phelpsa

posted on 29/5/04 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
A lot of people use a polo or micra rad and they are quite cheam in a scrappie.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sting

posted on 29/5/04 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
i`ve just fitted a mk1 polo rad in an ST std nose cone and it fits snuggly.if you go this route make sure you don`t get the mk2 version as it wont fit.
Wadders

posted on 29/5/04 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
same with the micra, you need a MK1, and even they are a tight fit, i had to cut off the overflow and glue an elbow on.
MK2's are too tall

i]Originally posted by sting
i`ve just fitted a mk1 polo rad in an ST std nose cone and it fits snuggly.if you go this route make sure you don`t get the mk2 version as it wont fit.

Mk-Ninja

posted on 29/5/04 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
I fitted a micra one, easy to fit and about £10, also comes with fan, switch and expansion bottle.

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

Hellfire

posted on 29/5/04 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Sh*t I forgot the bottle

Earlier Micra's didn't need the bottle. With a blade engine and Micra Rad you don't need the bottle as fitting an expansion tank does a similar job.

Jasper

posted on 29/5/04 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Used a nearly micra rad, but fitted an aftermarket Spal fan on the front for a bit of extra. Used a seperate expansion tank. Had to fit a higher pressure rated cap though.
timcrasher

posted on 29/5/04 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
ZX9R Rad

I fitted the standard ZX9r radiator in my car. It fits nicely in the nose of my MK. I used the ZX9r radiator as it has all the relevant take off points for the carb heaters and oil cooler etc. I was worried about overheating so have used a car radiator fan, but some builders have just used two bike fans wired up in series. The standard fan switch was used and so far I have not had any overheating problems and the temp gauge was even reading normal during a trackday last Monday.
I was going to use the ZX9r expansion bottle, but choose a GSXR1000 one instead because it sits nicely against the chassis.
One word of warning though. If you use a bike radiator, be prepare for lots of comments about how did your radiator is bent, " was it in a crash mate ? " It makes me laugh, everytime I overhear car buffs talking about it

Smooth Torquer

posted on 29/5/04 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hey guys
Thanks for the info

timcrasher: i'll watch out for those "car buffs" if i use the bike rad

Cheers
Sam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.