Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MEGASQUIRT MAP NEEDED - 2.0 zetec running throttle bodies
tdbracing

posted on 2/4/11 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
MEGASQUIRT MAP NEEDED - 2.0 zetec running throttle bodies

MEGASQUIRT MAP NEEDED - 2.0 zetec running throttle bodies

hello chaps

i am having real overfueling issues with the map that i have on my Mtechautomotive V4 megasquiirt.

pluggs black up and die of after minutes of use which suggest overfueling.

does anyone have a map i can use via tuner studio software.

just passed test and want to go blapping without have £350 worth of rolling road time.

thanks in advance

ashg

posted on 2/4/11 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Mtechautomotive have no affiliation with mega squirt. their ecus are a rip off of MS. i would be very wary of running that ecu. if you want to know more have a read on some of the ms forums.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

tdbracing

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
That dosent sound good

i was going to take it back to a rolloing road to see if could get it set up but at £350 it may be better to get a new ecu for that?

tdbracing

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
What ecu should i go with?
pgtips

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
Mtechautomotive have no affiliation with mega squirt. their ecus are a rip off of MS. i would be very wary of running that ecu. if you want to know more have a read on some of the ms forums.

Here we go M-Tech ECU bashing time again.

I have been running there V4 for some time now with no problems AT ALL, and so another club member with no issues at all.
Also did you get it direct from M-Tec? If yes then Matt inc an hours setting up on the RR for free.

Give him a call mate.

P.S. I have no affiliation with M-Tech............I am just one of there many happy customers.

[Edited on 3-4-11 by pgtips]

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

adrianreeve

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
I can recommend Phil at extraefi. He wrote the code for megasquirt, and builds them as well. Essentially what you have, but built properly, and with the most fantastic back-up!

Alternatively, for £500 plus wiring loom, there is a group buy going on at the mo for Omex 600 ecu's, being done by Atspeed, it's on the Traders offers page. Omex have a very good reputation, and pretty much all rolling roads will map them, whereas you may struggle to find one that will touch Megasquirt. Having said that, I have an MS2 from extraefi, and I'm very happy with it. Phil will will send you a very good base map if you buy from him.

Hope that helps.

Adrian

dlatch

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
there is nothing wrong with that ecu it just needs mapping
all base maps are just designed to get it running, if you fitted any other Ecu you would just end up back where you are now

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tdbracing

posted on 3/4/11 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps

Matt has mapped it for me to get it upto 160 bhp but the overfueling has started since mapping.

Im not sure this is due to egine bedding in as it was a brand new one with only 200miles on the clock

dlatch

posted on 3/4/11 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
should not be affected that much just from bedding in
have you checked stuff like fuel pressure? raised fuel pressure will cause over fueling to a certain degree.
sounds to me like the map just needs a hour on the dyno to fine tune which should be costing £350

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark chandler

posted on 3/4/11 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
If its been mapped and is now overfueling I would do some diagnostics in the first instance, has the temp sender gone HR or been disconnected as this is the main one involved here, what does the gauge tell you on engine heat?

As cold is high resistance then try removing and dropping in a cup of hot water while still plugged in and see where this gets you.

Next have a suck on the map sensor tube, does this change the display ?

Most lightly to be a bad connection of duff sender, next stage is to check the board for poor joints have a lok at the megasquirt advise they will tell you how, pay attention to cleaning the board scrub with a toothbrush etc.

Regards Mark

tdbracing

posted on 3/4/11 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
The air temp is reading 120f

Is that too high?

Complete begginer here chaps

pgtips

posted on 3/4/11 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Not an expert but that sounds way too high.

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

tdbracing

posted on 3/4/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
I think in will try changing air temp sender first and see where that gets me

120F does sound high

fingers crossed

Thanks for all the advice guys

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.