Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tonneau cover
richwill

posted on 5/5/11 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Tonneau cover

I have been thinking of getting a tonneau cover for the Velocity which i can remove part of when i am driving on my own.
I have an aerosreen fitted so full wet weather gear is not an option.
Was looking at the covers from MG midgets and Triumph spitfire to get an idea of how to do it and then wondered if these would fit with some adjustments.
Has anyone else tried this or can anyone advise me of a locost way of doing this. I have seen the covers from Soft bits for sevens but cant justify the cost as i would not drive in the rain to often.

coozer

posted on 5/5/11 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
I have one here, new unused if thats any good to ya. Bought it off someone on here yonks ago. No good to me

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

JohnCL

posted on 5/5/11 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
I refitted an old Spitfire one to my Fury by re arranging the lift the dot points. Worked OK.

I'm now looking for another for my new Fury spyder if anyone has something similar.

franky

posted on 5/5/11 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richwill
I have been thinking of getting a tonneau cover for the Velocity which i can remove part of when i am driving on my own.
I have an aerosreen fitted so full wet weather gear is not an option.
Was looking at the covers from MG midgets and Triumph spitfire to get an idea of how to do it and then wondered if these would fit with some adjustments.
Has anyone else tried this or can anyone advise me of a locost way of doing this. I have seen the covers from Soft bits for sevens but cant justify the cost as i would not drive in the rain to often.

Don't bother with softbits, autotrim are about 65% cheaper for the same/better quality.

richwill

posted on 5/5/11 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Coozer does it have the pockets for steering wheel and seats. I may be interested if so.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.