Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2008 R1 running lumpy
Gti6boy

posted on 28/8/12 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
2008 R1 running lumpy

Hi, the car has been running sweet since I bought it 6 months ago. I last took it out 3 weeks ago and everything was fine when I put it back in the garage.

I fired it up today and it's running like a bag of nails. I've taken it for a slow drive and it has not cleared

Any ideas?

Video:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/gti6boy/d876fa10ee9c79128dbcb57146e2e8b5.mp4

Thanks

Davey D

posted on 28/8/12 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a 2006 R1 that did this a few months back. Its been faultless in the prior 3 years of use. After a search of the net I discovered that they are very to the condition of the plugs so I bought some new ones. After installation the car runs perfect again :-)
maccmike

posted on 28/8/12 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like its running on 3.
moisture might be effecting the plugs with it being sat during this great summer, give the leads etc a good clean, dry and wd'd.

jossey

posted on 28/8/12 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
might be the battery too so give that a charge. unlikely but i know my friends r1 would run like a bag of spanners when the battery started to pack up.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 29/8/12 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Assuming a lack of error codes and good diagnostics on the sensors, injectors and coils - also assuming that there is no 'low battery voltage' error code.

Plugs tracking would be the 1st thing I'd suspect, remove, bin, replace.
Injector blockage. Even after 3 weeks, some petrol can oxidise/polymerise and cause issues, it can also drag components from fuel line material.
Fuel pump and/or filter (manually check fuel pressure - there's no transducer/error codes for this).
Head/TB air leak?
Ensure the air pressure sensor on the inlet side is hooked up to the vacuum, in fact, pull the pipe off and check that there is a difference (it'll go rich and rough).

If it's not the above, check the wiring. Take out any PC-type piggy backs and try again.

Fit Zetec.

Gti6boy

posted on 29/8/12 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone

New odyssey battery on way and some new plugs

I will try these first

Gti6boy

posted on 30/8/12 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Battery and plugs arrived today so I fitted both and the car is running sweet as a nut

I would imagine it was the plugs that's fixed the problem

Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.