Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted motorsports track day camera
INDY BIRD

posted on 9/1/13 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Wanted motorsports track day camera

Long shot I know but anyone looking to sell one if they are upgrading etc,

Just looking for something for this years as my one not working so good and as we have 2 cars now my brother has his camera on his car that I used to borrow,

If not any good reccomendations of what one to get and where from for new,

Apart from dogcam

Thanks all

Sean

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 9/1/13 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
I can vouch for the GoPro HD Hero 2 cameras - brilliant bits of kit. As there's a new model not long out (only upgrade appears to be built in wi-fi) older units appear to have dropped in price for new and second-hand items. I've used them for kite boarding, buggying, surfing, snowboarding and off-roading and it's never failed to live up to expectations. Only thing is that the battery doesn't last too long (think it about 2 hours), so I bought a few extras on eBay. Std 32GB SD card hold plenty of pics and movies....

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

adithorp

posted on 9/1/13 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
I went for a ContourGPS. Very happy with it. Full 1080HD @ up to 60fps and GPS tracking. It has a mobile app to check alignment and alter settings remotely from your phone... and a new upgrade to the app that gives remote record/stop function (although I've not tested that yet). It's neat and compact and it has a big sliding record/stop switch that can be operated even with thick gloves on (I'm sick of GoPro vids that start with a close up of the user saying "hang on, I'm just trying to see if it's on" ? )

Although the GoPro is well recommended, I just didn't want something that looked like a '70's instamatic. They appear particularly clumsy when fitted to a helmet.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Moorron

posted on 9/1/13 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
I have got and use daily a Gopro HD version 1, great bit of kit but not too good in poor light

I also have the contour GPS which is different but still has its uses. Main problem with this cam is its easier to damage and the sound is far worse than the gopro. I still use it but mainly for model aircraft as its a neater fit and cost me less as it was second hand so can bite the dirt when its the right time.

I would go for the Gopro and as said before go for the cheaper older models if money is an issue. My V1 is great so a V2 must be stunning let alone the newest V3 'black' versions.

sorry neither are for sale

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

laptoprob

posted on 9/1/13 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moorron
I have got and use daily a Gopro HD version 1, great bit of kit but not too good in poor light

I also have the contour GPS which is different but still has its uses. Main problem with this cam is its easier to damage and the sound is far worse than the gopro. I still use it but mainly for model aircraft as its a neater fit and cost me less as it was second hand so can bite the dirt when its the right time.

I would go for the Gopro and as said before go for the cheaper older models if money is an issue. My V1 is great so a V2 must be stunning let alone the newest V3 'black' versions.

sorry neither are for sale

Me too, i have the V1 GoPro and love the quality and neatness of it(very compact and non intrusive). However i have just purchased the V2 as it has an external microphone socket to allow for aftermarket mics which allows for a much better experiance in the video. The V1 suffers badly (but not as bad as the Contour from what i'm told) with wind noise. It does come with an enclosed(windproof) case but it blanks nearly all the sound out.

Hope that helps

eddie99

posted on 10/1/13 at 01:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Sean,
Shop around on ebay, i did a fair bit of research and ended up on any of the go pro models. I've just got a V1 gopro for £80, works perfectly. Took a couple of weeks to get the bargain though.
Kind Regards
Ed

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
INDY BIRD

posted on 10/1/13 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I'll keep my eye on eBay of course but you was lucky to get one for that price,

Cheers Eddie

Sean

Nick DV

posted on 10/1/13 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
HD Pro is a good piece of kit, but why no roll bar mount in kit as standard?

Cheers, Nick

"The force will be with you, always!"

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 10/1/13 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Nick - does the Motorsport package not have one in? I know GoPro do numerous kits aimed at different markets (surfing, kite flying, motorsports) you can purchase from new, but you can buy all the accessories separately anyway....

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Nick DV

posted on 10/1/13 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Charlie, I know they can be purchased separately, but the Motorsports outfit doesn't come with one, unless I've been misinformed!!

Cheers, Nick

[Edited on 10/1/13 by Nick DV]

"The force will be with you, always!"

INDY BIRD

posted on 12/2/13 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Anything going I'm still looking thanks all

Sean

INDY BIRD

posted on 5/7/13 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Bump anything or anyone upgrading and want to sell?

Cheers

INDY BIRD

posted on 6/7/13 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
keep missing out on eBay anyone got anything
loggyboy

posted on 6/7/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just ordered this as cheap alternative,
Http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221237942355
Dual camera is great for motorsport (rear, driver or pedals)
Saw this clip when discussing insurance cameras on another forum, which is taken from the same camera and felt the quality was vgood for £40.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJfZZbGENo

[Edited on 6-7-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

INDY BIRD

posted on 10/7/13 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that locking for something a bit better than that but cheers

Sean

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.