Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Free Racecar Engineering Magazines
enginearin

posted on 19/1/13 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Free Racecar Engineering Magazines

As per title. Anyone want 11 issues of Racecar Engineering from Jan to Dec 2011, the 12th issue is probably around if i come across it you can have that too. All in excellent condition.

Free to collect from Reading RG4 9RS evenings / weekends or RG7 5ES weekdays.

Cheers

Tim

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

enginearin

posted on 20/1/13 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
On their way to the tip as of monday.
loggyboy

posted on 20/1/13 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
What sort of articles do they have.

Mistral Motorsport

enginearin

posted on 20/1/13 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
What sort of articles do they have.

Lots of techie stuff... in depth aero modelling, materials in motorsport, etc as well as feature items on particular race cars.

http://gb.zinio.com/browse/publications/single-issues.jsp?productId=69303020&WT.mc_id=PUB_WWW_GB_69303020_publisher280318&rf=PUB_WWW_GB_693030 20&bd=1&pss=1

That gives you all the info on the issue content... also interesting to note that digital issues are only £0.69 each where as the mag is £5.75 each.

Duncan36

posted on 20/1/13 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Where can you get the digital issues from? I looked on their iPad app and they cost £2.99-£6.99 per issue

Cheers

Duncan

enginearin

posted on 21/1/13 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan36
Hi

Where can you get the digital issues from? I looked on their iPad app and they cost £2.99-£6.99 per issue

Cheers

Duncan

Apologies, it seems that their website is misleading http://www.racecar-engineering.com/back-issues/ this states back issues from £0.69, but none of the issues when you follow their link are priced as such.

Prices are typically as you state.

How was the car after Donnington Duncan? Have you got out again since? I've packed the Fury away for a couple of months as i have to move house and business premises which seems to be taking all my time at the moment.

Regards

Tim

Duncan36

posted on 21/1/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim

Sorry didn't realise this was you

It was all good thanks, although i've still not had chance to get it in the paint shop. I've taken the springs off to find out what rates they are and found out they are far harder than they should be. I've orcered new belts as well, which once installed it shoudl be about ready to go again. I'm not sure if i'll get out again before the first race, but i'd like to as i didn't really learn much about the car in the greasy conditions we had at donington.

Good luck moving house, that's something else i have to do before the first round. Nothing like putting yourself under pressure by taking on to many projects lol

Cheers

Duncan

enginearin

posted on 24/1/13 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry slow reply Duncan... mad week!

I'm still not sure why the Fury had so little traction seemingly compared to every other car there... I was getting wheelspin in shifting into 4th gear in a straight line, which can't be right for a teeny little bike engine. It sounds like you've got to the bottom of your issue with the spring rates though. Good luck with the first round... it's Donnington isn't it?

I'm going to try and make Brands as a spectator at least... might see you there.

For the benefit of others:

Magazines now gone to the tip.

Cheers

Tim

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.