Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Performance (?) brakes from China
Siduna

posted on 22/1/13 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Performance (?) brakes from China

A friend of mine that lives in China gave me a proposal for brakes, link below (click on "Performance brakes":
Vision Brake System
Have any of you guys heard of this manufacturer? Apparently they supply several of the larger "Western" companies with brake systems...
I got quite a reasonable price for 4-pot calipers that, if the functionality is ok, is very competitive without being "suspiciously" low.

Writing with a broken pencil is pointless

mookaloid

posted on 22/1/13 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
must be ok

"We do brake right at a competitive price."

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Siduna

posted on 22/1/13 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks!

Had I seen that myself I wouldn't have had to post in the first place.

Seriously, to assume everything that comes out of China is low quality is making things a bit easy. I've been visiting a number of suppliers and manufacturing companies in China over the years and have seen myself that there are serious quality production in the country. Unfortunatelly you can find the other end of the "quality scale" there as well. My "problem" is that I'm not familiar with this particular company that produces these calipers. Hence my post.

[Edited on 22/1/13 by Siduna]

scootz

posted on 22/1/13 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Why on earth would you want to buy something from China that can be easily obtained from world-class suppliers right here in the UK? This kind of cheap-ass thinking is crippling our industries and swelling the economy of a nation that treats its population, wildlife and environment like pieces off shite!

It's Evolution Baby!

beaver34

posted on 22/1/13 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Why on earth would you want to buy something from China that can be easily obtained from world-class suppliers right here in the UK? This kind of cheap-ass thinking is crippling our industries and swelling the economy of a nation that treats its population, wildlife and environment like pieces off shite!

As not everyone can afford the "best" all the time

This is the real world we are living in, I agree with you in principal though!

I do belive china will peak very soon if not already and start to decline forced by the rest of the world. Either that or war

perksy

posted on 22/1/13 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
a nation that treats its population, wildlife and environment like pieces off shite!

I believe your ok if your a Panda

Siduna

posted on 22/1/13 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

And where do you think the European World Class suppliers by their top quality parts?

I'd prefer to leave politics out of the discussion and focus car building. In my experience most people that have a "clear" oppinion on China has never been there. I've been traveliing on and off in China for close to 15 years. I know that's not much and therefore my picture of the country might not be as black and white as you guys who've reading the truthful tabloids...

[Edited on 22/1/13 by Siduna]

coyoteboy

posted on 22/1/13 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Because at the other end of the scale, there's plenty of rip off merchants in the UK who produce something which costs buttons to make and charge "world class" prices because people will pay it.

I'd have no problems buying brakes from such a place. I'm happy to see the principals here but it's utterly unrealistic.

BangedupTiger

posted on 22/1/13 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
If they are cheap enough, take a gamble.

Personally speaking, for the price of wilwood etc, i'd just stick with something that is proven.

My Taiwanese barkes didn't last long

[Edited on 22/1/13 by BangedupTiger]

designer

posted on 22/1/13 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

And where do you think the European World Class suppliers by their top quality parts?

Can be true, but the Chinese aren't bothered what they send you as you are not going to send it back!

Use Trusted UK/European/US suppliers who have a reputation to uphold.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skodaman

posted on 23/1/13 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
Beware of the rice eaters for they shall inherit the Earthjavascript:icon(''. I have lived in China for five years and do my best not to buy anything from PRC until they get out of Tibet, get rid of their totalitarian government, recognise Taiwan as an independent country and stop using everything from seahorses to tigers for medicine. So I don't think I'll be buying any Chinese brakes soon.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 23/1/13 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Based on experience of Chinese suspension parts I wouldn't barge them with touch pole --- the wishbone and links s looked very good quality but the wearing parts failed in 8 months use.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

rusty nuts

posted on 23/1/13 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap Chinese parts are not worth the effort of fitting them , as already said suspension parts fail at the drop of the hat and wheel bearings that are clapped out in less than a thousand miles. Still, it's your money, myself I would buy decent branded parts not made in China. Chinese parts are cheap for a reason
britishtrident

posted on 23/1/13 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Give the Chinese a few years and they will catch up --- for now ..................

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.