Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: where can I get one of these form??
Markp

posted on 18/10/04 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
where can I get one of these form??

viscosity cup

I'm looking at respraying the car and thought I would do it properly instead of guessing.

I have asked alot of places in Nottingham and get told the same thing "could get them once, but now they are like rocking horse s**t"

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance

Mark

MattWatson

posted on 18/10/04 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Quick google search turned up these guys:
http://www.fullbrook.com/

Matt Watson
--------------------------------
VW 1.6L SOHC Turbo Mid engined car

http://members.shaw.ca/wavindustries/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 18/10/04 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
We used to use a thing called a Zahn cup and you timed it as it ran through the hole at the bottom, then the novelty wore off and we went back to doing it by volume. Just use a metal ruler to dip the paint then add the appropriate amount of thinners. Get the spec sheet when you buy the paint, it'll tell you the ratio to use but you'll end up doing it your own way more than likely.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mark Allanson

posted on 18/10/04 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
You shouldn't really need one, all paints, thinners and activators are mixed by ratio. The viscosity is automatically correct.

When you get your paint, get all the components from the same manufacturer, and are matched to each other. The supplyer legally has to supply a data sheet with the paint - all the mixing instructions will be on it, along with the HSE info e.g. don't drink it, wash your hands in it or paint small children with it

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.