Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zx12r electrical
chrilla

posted on 16/3/14 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Zx12r electrical

Can anyone help me out with a start problem on my zx12r -02. I can't start the engine when in gear, I guess I have wired the clutch switch wrong but not sure. I'm i supposed to wire all three or just two of the cables going to the clutch.
Its a real problem when I have to stop and have 2nd or 3rd gear engaged and then the engine die, then I have to push the car just to get it to neutral
/Chrilla

minitici

posted on 16/3/14 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
The Starter Lockout Switch (clutch switch) should have two wires on the loom (R/G and LG)

At the connector, cut the LG wire and isolate this wire.

Link the R/G wire directly to Chassis.

The LG wire is still connected to the Neutral light and the ECU through other links in the loom.

chrilla

posted on 16/3/14 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, thanks.
I have three wires going to the clutch switch on my loom, I have short cut two of them just to make it start, but it won't start when in gear.

minitici

posted on 16/3/14 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrilla
Ok, thanks.
I have three wires going to the clutch switch on my loom, I have short cut two of them just to make it start, but it won't start when in gear.

If it won't start in gear then you must still have the neutral switch in the starter circuit.

Can you trace the wiring back to the original ZX12R loom?
ZX12R Left Handlebar loom

[Edited on 16/3/14 by minitici]

chrilla

posted on 16/3/14 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
I have the original wiring, just made some of the wires longer. I'll post a picture on the connector later to show you.
When I short cut all three the neutral indicator light is on all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by minitici
quote:
Ok, thanks.

If it won't start in gear then you must still have the neutral switch in the starter circuit.

twybrow

posted on 16/3/14 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I have the original wiring, just made some of the wires longer. I'll post a picture on the connector later to show you.
When I short cut all three the neutral indicator light is on all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by minitici
quote:
Ok, thanks.

You should have it so that the ECU thinks the bike is in neutral all the time (but not your clocks/neutral switch) and that the clutch is permanently pulled, and the side stand up. If you cant start when in gear, then you have not bypassed the neutral indicator light properly. Check the wiring diagram again, and look to see how the neutral switch is powered/signals the ECU. I would study the diagrams again before making any more modifications!

chrilla

posted on 18/3/14 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
So, I finally sorted it out, did what you told me to, checked the wiring diagram again and followed the three cables to the clutch switch and noticed i have connected the wrong cabels, should be black and black/red but i had connected the black and black/yellow at the switch.
Thanks for the help guys!
/Christan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.