Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TURBO R1
Crazy Jay

posted on 3/12/04 at 01:19 AM Reply With Quote
TURBO R1

Just on Holeshot's site and the turbo kit on an R1 gives 215hp at 7psi. All tht for 2800k fitted. Wat max psi do u think it cud take?? And does this seem worth it?
JoelP

posted on 3/12/04 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
i wouldnt go beyond what they reccommend! im sure they have tried more boost, there will be a reason they stop at 7!

colibriman

posted on 3/12/04 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Hell Jay.....
try it standard first.....It should scare you enough! -

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Crazy Jay

posted on 3/12/04 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah ur probably right
Can u believe im still waiting on parts?
Such a pity cause im a student and hav all the time in the world to build

ChrisGamlin

posted on 3/12/04 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine is in the process of doing a turbo conversion on his R1 Westie, its quite an involved job though and Id certainly recommend getting the car fully sorted in normally aspirated form first before you contemplate big upgrades like this.

colibriman

posted on 3/12/04 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
my car on the track felt like it had no grip....sideways city! its a standard blade - 25 horse less than your baby.....

I need to sort out the suspension set-up first, then get some sticky tyres before looking for more power....

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Crazy Jay

posted on 3/12/04 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've got my road tyres sorted, the are kumho track day tyres (apparently ) The guy who got me my kit picked them up for me. They retail for 140 each but he got them for 70. That for 17s tho. For the track ill stick with 15s running slicks

Wouldnt b thinkin of turbo for at least a year, either tht or buy on of those lmp thingys

[Edited on 3/12/04 by Crazy Jay]

adamhay

posted on 3/12/04 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not familliar with the MK chassis buy I know that my Caterham chassis requires several mods to cope with the high torque produced by a turbo'd motor (mine should be about 200ft/lbs). The engine mounts also have to be much more robust than the wimpy little brackets that people sometimes use for normally aspirated BECs. So if you're going to upgrade to a turbo in the future, I'd recommend modifying the chassis to suit from the start.

[Edited on 5/12/04 by adamhay]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnp0WDDW7xs

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.