Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi potentioal
clbarclay

posted on 19/4/05 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Audi potentioal

I currently have 2 audi 100's kicking about, one with 5 cylinder deisel and the other is 4 cylinder petrol. What is the potential for use as mid donor cars?

Are the gearboxs any good (think there both only 4 speed)? Is there anything else on the car worth having?

JonBowden

posted on 19/4/05 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
I like the idea of using the audi 'box.
I have an Audi A6 (basically an Audi 100). I like it very much but the two litre engine is pretty poor. It is the same as in my old golf and that wasn't great.
I think a V6 might be a better idea.
PS, I'm sure all the manual Audi 100s had 5 speed 'boxes.

Jon

clbarclay

posted on 19/4/05 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure about the petrol, but the deisel is definantly a 4. The deisel is a very old 100 avant, not turbo, not sure if it has PAS and a shade of brown that went out of fashion with watel and dorb walls.

JonBowden

posted on 19/4/05 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
If you're breaking them, then many Audi parts are quite expendive - A new side light (Non Audi source) cost me £30. All the electrical bits like window motors might be saleable.

If you are taking it apart, the later models and the A6 had explosive tensioners on the front seatbelts.

Jon

JonBowden

posted on 19/4/05 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention, the gearboxes have non-removeable bellhousings - making fitting a different engine a bit harder. There don't seem to be many other bits useable on a kit or homebuild car

Jon

gys

posted on 19/4/05 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Audi has engines with more than sufficient potential, although none of above mentioned catch the eye.
As long as you can fit another Audi engines to the gearbox, I would not mind the non-removeable bellhousing.

[Edited on 19/4/05 by gys]

Man kann ein Auto nicht wie ein menschliches Wesen behandeln – ein Auto braucht Liebe...

Fred W B

posted on 20/4/05 at 05:45 AM Reply With Quote
I have been told that audi 100's are the gear box to have , compared to the ones fitted to the 500's, as the boxes are smaller.

Cheers

Fred WB

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.