Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX12R clutch movement
wheezy

posted on 25/1/06 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
ZX12R clutch movement

Hi,
Having just bled the clutch system I am getting about 12mm deflection on the clutch operating arm with full pedal movement. Is this enough to disengage the clutch or do I need a bit more movement on the clutch arm?

mackei23b

posted on 26/1/06 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there

I'm just about at that stage as well, the quick test I have is to hook up all the hydraulics and clutch, but the bike in to first gear with a socket on the gearbox output shaft. If you turn the socket you should be trying to then the engine over. As you depress the clutch, if it releases, you should feel this via the socket and only the gear box will turn over.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Ian

wheezy

posted on 26/1/06 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. I tried that last night but coudnt get the clutch to disengage. Turns out that the clutch plates had stuck together as the engine hasn't run for quite a while. I managed to free them of tonight and it appears that I have sufficient movement on the slave cylinder.
thurso

posted on 23/2/06 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wheezy
Thanks. I tried that last night but coudnt get the clutch to disengage. Turns out that the clutch plates had stuck together as the engine hasn't run for quite a while. I managed to free them of tonight and it appears that I have sufficient movement on the slave cylinder.

thurso

posted on 23/2/06 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
zx121r sticking clutch

quote:
Originally posted by thursoHi having same problem with my zx12r, how did you manage to release the clutch?
quote:
Originally posted by wheezy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.