Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sky By Broadband
Tim 45

posted on 3/2/06 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Sky By Broadband

Seems like a good deal, seeing as though we pay for the films but dont watch them due to feuds over viewing preferences.

So, has anyone used this, if so what is it like?

Stuart Ainslie

posted on 4/2/06 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Never tried it over BB but watch it on my mobile phone - Handy when waiting for a flight / train.
26 channels available now...

the_fbi

posted on 4/2/06 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tim 45
Seems like a good deal, seeing as though we pay for the films but dont watch them due to feuds over viewing preferences.

If you Sky+ a film, you don't actually get charged for it, till you've watched it. So if you never watch it and delete it, you don't get charged.

Tim 45

posted on 4/2/06 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
No i meant we pay £42 per month but hardly watch the films on sky movies 1-10.

steve_gus

posted on 4/2/06 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
neither do i - why dont you (and me!) cancel and save a tenner a month?

any decent movie you have likely had on dvd first anyways

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig1410

posted on 5/2/06 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
I just signed up for Sky By Broadband after reading this thread the other night and it certainly seems to work. You actually download the complete movie (or other program) before you start watching it so there are no bandwidth issues or quality of ISP issues other than how long it takes to download in the first place.

The only downside at present is the fact that there is a fairly limited choice of films. I hope this will improve over time though.

Once downloaded you get a "license" to view the film as often as you like for a defined period (30 days I think) and after that you won't be able to watch it any more. The license is enforced by the built in Digital Rights Management stuff in Windows XP and Media Centre 10 which you must be using before you can start.

I hope this helps,
Craig.

stevebubs

posted on 7/2/06 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
I just signed up for Sky By Broadband after reading this thread the other night and it certainly seems to work. You actually download the complete movie (or other program) before you start watching it so there are no bandwidth issues or quality of ISP issues other than how long it takes to download in the first place.

The only downside at present is the fact that there is a fairly limited choice of films. I hope this will improve over time though.

Once downloaded you get a "license" to view the film as often as you like for a defined period (30 days I think) and after that you won't be able to watch it any more. The license is enforced by the built in Digital Rights Management stuff in Windows XP and Media Centre 10 which you must be using before you can start.

I hope this helps,
Craig.

All looks go so far...downloading my first movie right now.

Not much to choose from, though...

greggors84

posted on 7/2/06 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
How long do the movies take to download.

Looks good as we have sky at home, but not at uni so means i will still be able to watch some movies and football highlights.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.