Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blade clutch question
Jubal

posted on 9/4/06 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Blade clutch question

Due to clutch slip around 7-9k revs I replaced the springs and plates in my blade (RRX) clutch today. I noticed that the kit I was supplied with by Fluke Motorsport (made by barnett) was subtly different to the one I took out.

The one I took out had an outer friction plate (nearest the cover) that was slightly thicker than the regular plates but the barnett kit just had all the friction plates the same apart from the inner plate.

Anyway, as I was trapped in the garage by a thunderstorm I took a flyer and bolted the thing up, filled it with oil and as soon as the sun came out I went for a spin.

As far as I can tell I seem to have cured the clutch slip but the fact the kit had no special outer plate is bothering me. Should I care? Advice appreciated.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 9/4/06 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
As long as you set the final plate so it sits in the special recesses in the basket rather than sliding down the channels like the othe plates do, it shouldnt be a problem. I dont actually recall using a different plate on the outer anyway, and also used to throw away the anti squeal shim on the inner plate and put in a standard plate instead so they were all the same.

Jubal

posted on 9/4/06 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Chris. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.