Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Just playing....
Alan B

posted on 6/4/03 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Just playing....

Trying rear lights, grilles and stuff while filler dries.......oh and playing in Paint shop pro......

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spyderman

posted on 6/4/03 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Mmm!

Yes I like the transparent look!
Would save on gel coat as well!

Terry

Spyderman

BasOlij

posted on 6/4/03 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Building an iCar Alan? Crazy macintosh users

Seriously, I think those lights will do nicely:-)

Greetz,

Bastiaan Olij
1984 Porsche 944 type 2
1981 Delorean DMC-12

Alan B

posted on 6/4/03 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Terry, to be honest I did it to see where I could put grilles, vents or diffusers even..

Bas...Ah the Imac....I remember those....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spyderman

posted on 7/4/03 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Get rid of all that metal from the back and you'll have loads a' room.

Is the chain a security device or part of the throttle linkage?

How did you work out the reference between pictures, from the wheels? Ah no you can't see them in body shot!

Terry

Spyderman

Alan B

posted on 7/4/03 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Er...yeah I'd have to lose the chain for "good" pictures.....just no need to take it off yet...it'll be out again soon enough.

Hmmm that other metal?....let me think..

Picture trick....easy.....digi cam, tripod....same shot.....open/closed....open in paint shop (or photoshop)..then paste other image straight on as a layer with adjustable transparency......I have a better one.....will post in a few minutes...

Alan B

posted on 7/4/03 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a better one...sharper registration

TheGecko

posted on 7/4/03 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Alan,

Love the transparent shots

Just had a look at the nose update on your web site. It's coming along nicely but there are some big expanses of uninterrupted panel there, particularly either side of the "V" section of the grey plug. Have you considered some grilles that mirror the openings in the lower bumper/nose panel to give it a more aggressive look? As a for instance, have a look at the current Australian Mitsubishi Magna which has a similar centre nose V section.

If what I'm suggesting isn'y clear (quite possible let me know and I'll doctor up one of your images to illustrate.

Best regards,

Dominic
Brisbane, Australia
http://www.DIYSportsCar.org

P.S. Things are finally moving for me. We'll get settlement on the sale of our old house Wed 16th, ending 13 months of expensive bridging finance while we battled with thieving property developers. All things being equal, I'll be buying a motor just after Easter and starting construction very soon after that

Alan B

posted on 7/4/03 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dominic.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean...and I will need somewhere for the exit air from the rad to go anyway.

In reality the pictures do make it look worse being light and matt...not much detail...but really I'm keeping my options open as to where I vent.

By all means doctor away if you have chance...all input is welcome...although I can't act on all of it...

When many people say the same thing then they may be right...but when it's all different advice..it's probably more opinions than anything else....but please fire away...

kb58

posted on 9/4/03 at 04:37 AM Reply With Quote
Forgive me if you answered this before, but who did you get the tail lights from?

[Edited on 9/4/03 by kb58]

Alan B

posted on 9/4/03 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nope..you are the first "asker"....

Believe it or not...Wal-Mart..but they are expensive...about $20.......

for 4......

kb58

posted on 12/4/03 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Figures...

I don't get into Walmart much. Don't know if it's because they've run all the little shops out of town, or perhaps it's the wonderful cross-section of society... body pierced, tatooed, beer gut slobs. But then I start sounding all high and mighty...

Anyway, thanks for the info and I'll check them out.

Alan B

posted on 12/4/03 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kb58
........ or perhaps it's the wonderful cross-section of society... body pierced, tatooed, beer gut slobs.........

Hey, you've been in my local branch then...?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.