sorry

[Edited on 6/9/06 by 02GF74]

[Edited on 6/9/06 by 02GF74]

mookaloid

posted on 6/9/06 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe it's me but .... even putting the poor taste aside er no not funny really
nib1980

posted on 6/9/06 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
It does offend. I had the pleasure to meet him at his zoo in Beerwah, and he was so genuine.

The man was a ledgend in his own lifetime, and did more for education, and information than any other naturalist in australia, and most other countries too.

If only there were more people like him in this world

I find none of these comments funny.

Hammerhead

posted on 6/9/06 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
I have noticed that quite a few posts by 02GF74 have been either offensive or arguementative. Tone it down mate!

Again - lets stick to topic please.

02GF74

posted on 6/9/06 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead
I have noticed that quite a few posts by 02GF74 have been either offensive or arguementative. Tone it down mate!

Again - lets stick to topic please.

Different forums treat stuff differently, different people find differnt things funny, if we were all the same, this forum would not exist as we'd all be driving mondeo's.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend - but can you honsetsly say that you have never cracked a joke at someone else's misfortune, be it death or otherwise?

As to sticking to the topic, this is the anythiing else - posts about airfix, flat screen TV, the original Steve Irwin RIP post - how are they related to each other? All as far as I can tell are random comments - so what exactly is the topic here?

Point taken though.

Hammerhead

posted on 6/9/06 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
See argumentative!!

Sticking to topic was aimed at everyone in general whence "lets" as in let us.

BKLOCO

posted on 6/9/06 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
I missed the "joke" but if it was anything like the one I got within a couple of hours of Steve Irwins death then I can see that some would find it offensive.
However all these things are subjective.
It is a fact that some people will find things offensive that others find perfectly acceptable. Thats life. Get over it.
I too met Steve Irwin up on the Sunshine Coast at Australia zoo and he was a genuinely nice guy but why should that make him any less of a target for jokes than say Saddam Hussein or Bush or Beckham?
They are all public figures. People will make jokes.
There is a school of thought that says nothing should be taboo regarding "comedy" and I have to say that this is generally the position I come from.
The only thing that I would say is that maybe the catagory was wrong. perhaps it should have gone in Mad House.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

SeaBass

posted on 6/9/06 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
There'll always be sick jokes about dead celebrity's and you can bet they'll not be funny...

02GF74

posted on 6/9/06 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Personally i think it shows a lack of not just intelligence and taste, but also a lack of consideration for the loss his family must be feeling, put the shoe on the other foot how do you think your wife/girlfriend would feel if you died in an accident and all people did about it was make jokes about it.

have you actually met him? were you a close friend of his or his family? were you so concerned about his "dangerous" antics that you were compelled to contact him imploring him to stop?

I'll hazzard a guess that the answer is "no" to all of the above.

So, as some may say, the inevitable happened and basically you are getting offended up by a joke photoshopped by someone who you don't know about someone else who you have never met or know but happens to be a TV celebrity????? bizarre.

And the answer to the second question, yes I wold not like it but members of my family are not celbrities nor appear on TV poking crocodiles with sticks. There is a price for celebrity.

t.j.

posted on 6/9/06 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Come on, don't be mad about a joke.

We make jokes of the pope, elvis, animals, cars, small people, fat people, blonds, belgium, work, muslims, etc.

If it hurts you say so, but don't get pissed.

I'm sure Steve wouldn't be mad about it.

So, I think that's live. People talk.
Look; if it's hurting you look the other way. Don't let them even hurt you.

[Edited on 6/9/06 by t.j.]

Marcus

posted on 6/9/06 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Missed the 'joke'. Probably just as well!

Please delete the entire thread, to stop people replying!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OX

posted on 6/9/06 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
id rather see a bad joke than people on this forum with an attitude or a big mouth who cant help them self with the name calling.at least with a bad joke some body might like it.
Peteff

posted on 6/9/06 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
I only watched Steve Irwin once and he was making a ham fisted attempt at grabbing a poisonous snake while saying how dangerous it would be if it bit him and that he would be paralysed in two hours and dead in 24. My immediate thoughts were, " Well leave the f**king thing alone then" and I never watched him again. I bet most of the people who watched him were just waiting for a crocodile os snake to get the first bite in. Lighten up you miserable b@&tards, it's the Darwin Awards in action. boreme's take on it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

tony9876

posted on 9/9/06 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
I think if your that easily offended maybe the internet is not the place to go. If I want to get offended I just open my e-mails

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.