Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PDA
MarkL

posted on 9/1/07 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
PDA

New job need a new PDA, I think it's about time I retired my old BW Handspring visor, had a look at the Dell X51 and there are so many Ipaq's any thought guys?

The only real need is wifi. a colour screen would be a bonus

Regards
Mark

jos

posted on 9/1/07 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
My old IPAQ 3870 was excellent and only got retired when I bout a phone/pda as an attempted replacement

didnt work

Ive used 9500, 9300, O2's XDA exec all of which were good in their own respects (except for the XDA which was quite frankly W*NK) and now I used Oranges SPV M600 but very rarely as a phone to keep the screen from clogging up.

I'd recomend ether the IPAQ range (no help sorry as the 3870 is obsolete) or the SPV M600 (but only if you needed phone facility as well)

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Marcus

posted on 9/1/07 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using an X51v at the mo. Excellent product - gets used for sat nav too. I've got the VGA cable too so you can run presentations etc on a projector. The video reproduction is pretty good and the VGA screen better than most. Wifi and bluetooth built in - dead easy to set up.
Also has a CF slot and SD slot - useful for transferring photos from the digital camera.
My god - sounds like I'm a Dell rep!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 9/1/07 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
I would check if you realy want to go the Microsoft route. A few people that have had palm's can find the Microsoft PDAs a little limited, might be an idea to borrow one for a while..

Some of latest Palms have WiFi..

Dan

pathfinder

posted on 9/1/07 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
life drive is the way forward
andyps

posted on 9/1/07 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus
I'm using an X51v at the mo. Excellent product - gets used for sat nav too. I've got the VGA cable too so you can run presentations etc on a projector. The video reproduction is pretty good and the VGA screen better than most. Wifi and bluetooth built in - dead easy to set up.
Also has a CF slot and SD slot - useful for transferring photos from the digital camera.
My god - sounds like I'm a Dell rep!

Bought mine before that - I have an x50v which I have had for a couple of years. I can't fault it for all the above reasons - also use it for presentations and often use it for checking email when on the move. Great piece of kit, just wish WM5 would work on it like it does on the 51.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Marcus

posted on 10/1/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
To be fair, until the last software update (about July last year) I had more problems with the thing freezing and not starting up - I nearly went back to my Palm Tungsten T2!
The early WM5 was crap. Now I wouldn't go back. The convenience of dragging and dropping word, powerpoint and excel files from the PC cannot be understated IMO.
Dell's SAT NAV aint too shoddy either (other than not being able to load speed camera locations)

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tim 45

posted on 10/1/07 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
One of teh new xda's has GPS built in. Would recommend the exec if you dont mind a slightly larger pocket!

geoff shep

posted on 11/1/07 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
The newish HTC3300 handset is a phone/pda/gps/wifi all-in-one. Looks pretty good if you want a phone - on contract with O2 as the xda orbit.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.