Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fireblade paddle shift kit
mkblade

posted on 6/2/07 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
fireblade paddle shift kit

can anyone advise me on this please i have found some pics doing a search,but not quite what i want.
i have bought pathfinders paddle shift kit the paddle and the direction changer.
i already had the normal stick shift system think it was one of stuart taylor systems.

please look at the attatched pic i was thinking of somehow extending the tubing upwards of the direction changer i have fitted already to meet the rod that comes out of the dash panel do you think that would work ?

as if i remade it all again i think i would need 2 direction changers one bolted to the engine cradle or chassis to get the rod going downwards towards bottom of engine then another direction changer to make the the next rod move left - right if that makes sense
any one got any ideas for me . Rescued attachment driection changer.jpg
Rescued attachment driection changer.jpg

shortie

posted on 7/2/07 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi mate,

Just literally changed from MK supplied stick shift to Pathfinders paddle shift and to be honest it wasn't very difficult.

Basically I purchased a bell crank mechanism off pathfinder and bolted this to the bar that runs across the front of the battery tray (I cut away the GRP).

Then I cut some thickwall ali tube (I have loads left over as I bought 5m, so if you want any then let me know) to length, tapped an M8 thread in it and fitted a rose joint either end, this is joined from the back of the paddle to the bell crank going through the dash and battery tray.

I then cut another short piece of rod and connected it down to the shift arm on the engine.

It seems to work fine.

I will take some pictures for you tonight so you can see exactly how I have done it.

HTH,
Rich.

ruskino80

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
i have been on a cable setup for a couple of years now,no problems and so simple.
mkblade

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
any pics would be great .

rich i do need some rod
simon

shortie

posted on 8/2/07 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry simon didn't get to take the pics last night, will get them this evening.

You should be fine with 1m of rod and I just bought the cheap rod ends from Demon Thieves for a couple of quid each.

Rod I have is thick wall and perfect for the job, just open up the centre hole a tiny bit then tap it to M8.

£5 for a metre delivered to your door if your still working in Epsom

Rich.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.