Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: aprilia rs 125
morfy

posted on 14/3/07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
aprilia rs 125

hi all was wondering if it was possible to adapt mega jolt unit to fit my bike as they have nasty flat spots at 5.5 to 6.5k rpm and increase the rev limit a bit
cheers

Coose

posted on 14/3/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't even bother trying as it won't make much difference with regard to the flat spot. The main culprit is the port-timing and the exhaust - even though you have a valve which raises and lowers the exhaust port height, two-stroke tuning is always a compromise with regard to where best power is made.

The rev limit will be built into the standard ignition which will massively retard the ignition just after peak power. There is little point trying to get it to rev any higher without working on port and exhaust profiles. The only thing that it'll give you is a bit of over-rev, which would only be useful if you were racing and wanted to hang on to a gear if hitting peak power mid-corner to save changing up.

The biggest tip I can give is to keep it above 6.5k!

[Edited on 14/3/07 by Coose]

Spin 'er off Well...

Catpuss

posted on 14/3/07 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
The nasty flat spot is probably due to the noise control regulations in Japan. Most bikes have a flat spot at a certain rpm (based on a certain piston velocity at something like 30mph IIRC). Hence to get around this bikes have flat spots tuned by the exhaust system to deaden the noise.

After market pipes usually sort this. In the case of a stink wheel you want to get the zorst tuning sorted (and consequential jetting if necessary).

rebelrider

posted on 14/3/07 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with the new exhaust I had one which was restricted to 13 bhp. I had a new exhaust fitted and I believe there is some kind of plate to limit air flow in to the carbs, and after that they recon it was a massive 33 bhp .
mind you ment I could to 115 mph instead of 80mph so I was happy

dilley

posted on 15/3/07 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
is it a full power model? or is still restricted??

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.