Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: M25 camera j28-j27
watsonpj

posted on 5/4/07 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
M25 camera j28-j27

I noticed 3 new cameras had gone up between a12 and the m11 today (looked alot like speed averaging ) so i set the odometer going and sure enough 1 mile exactly another set. Then a third set exactly 2 miles on. I have checked on the we and found this

http://www.gnn.gov.uk/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=273023&NewsAreaID=2

part way down it says

Work started on Monday 5th March 2007 to harmonise speed limits on the M25 between junctions 28 and 27. The scheme involves deployment of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras for the purpose of monitoring traffic flows. This information will be used to set signals on roadside mobile message signs to harmonise speeds, to control congestion before it occurs. The system is built around SPECS technology, so is 'enforcement ready'.

which seems fine until you read the last line

so keep you eyes out for the day they put the speed camera sign up

Pete

jollygreengiant

posted on 6/4/07 at 04:31 AM Reply With Quote
They are already installing 14 miles of AVERAGE speed cameras on the A14 from spittals interchange down to the M11 at cambridge. So be aware big brother IS watching you.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

rusty nuts

posted on 6/4/07 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
They are already installing 14 miles of AVERAGE speed cameras on the A14 from spittals interchange down to the M11 at cambridge. So be aware big brother IS watching you. [/quote

Not before time!! Perhaps would be better to stop the trucks overtaking as they are a major cause of accidents on that road . I use to live at the junction of the M11 and the A14 For a time worked from home ], almost everyday there would be problems caused by trucks very often with tyres bursting. The Porsche owners club once had a meet at Bar Hill , we had them racing past at speeds of 130mph !

ned

posted on 6/4/07 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
ANPR is great if they pickup the insurance, mot and tax dodgers and if the system improves traffic flow by monitoring traffic levels that's brilliant.

But as said it'll be a sad day when we all have to drive around eyes glued to the speedo rather than the road..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
martyn_16v

posted on 6/4/07 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
If it did pick up the tax/insurance dodgers it'd cut traffic by 10% just by them all avoiding that bit of road...
bodger

posted on 6/4/07 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
I was thinking about speed averaging cameras the other day. Am I right in thinking that they can't operate at night because they wouldn't be able to read your number plate without constantly flashing you.
smart51

posted on 6/4/07 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bodger
I was thinking about speed averaging cameras the other day. Am I right in thinking that they can't operate at night because they wouldn't be able to read your number plate without constantly flashing you.

You have a light at the back that illuminates your number plate. They probably have infrared lamps on them to illuminate you car as well.

BenB

posted on 6/4/07 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
It's a shame they haven't devised the technology to detect middle lane hoggers, lorries who do 15 minute overtaking manoevers, people who drive inappropriately slowly, people who don't look before they manoever, people who read maps etc whilst driving.....
ie all the really dangerous stuff......

On many occasions people have tried to kill me using their cars, not once has it been because they were driving 10% over the speed limit......

But then this is our government's answer to everything.... I seem to remember them saying they were going to be "tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime"... What a load of bullshit- they just pick on the easy targets (especially those they can make lots of money from)....

EG someone driving down the middle lane of the M1 @ 65mph with nothing in the inner lane gets off without any penalty whilst the person who accelerates to 75mph to overtake them or the person who undertakes gets done for dangerous driving.....

bodger

posted on 6/4/07 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't have thought infrared would work very well with bloody great IR sources i.e. engines all over the carriageway blinding the cameras.
omega 24 v6

posted on 6/4/07 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

The scheme involves deployment of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras for the purpose of monitoring traffic flows.

Sounds like politicians language. Translation according to babelfish is "lets make more money from the motorist"

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

iank

posted on 6/4/07 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Read something in the paper about them only being able to prosecute if you are in the same lane through the average speed section.

If true the sight of BMW's swerving between lanes at 100mph will become common. Good job that won't cause accidents/congestion.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

turbodisplay

posted on 6/4/07 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Just use the hard shoulder!
Went past them on two days ago.
Just use a hgv to hide behind at every scamera.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tony9876

posted on 6/4/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
There are more and more because as a nation we are famous for moaning and not being activists. If they tried to put that many cash generators in other countries there would be a lot of vandalism. We just moan and take it like a bitch!
Gav

posted on 6/4/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Right now the whole motorway network is being commisioned with second generation CCTV there are 7 regional control centers controlling something like several hundred cameras each, with the possability of controlling any camera anywhere in the country from any regional center and select 3rd party clients, currently these cameras are for accident response/monitoring traffic flow and currently none of the cameras are recording and they wont be able to be used for average speed as they are Pan Tilit and Zoom units so unless you can see its SPECS camera dont worry

They will also probably stop working when they really need them since i wrote the majority of the controlling software

turbodisplay

posted on 6/4/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
No they are specs, blue poles , yellow cameras

2 cameras at each of the three 3 check points

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jollygreengiant

posted on 6/4/07 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
What use are they for catching tax dodger with anpr. They dont have the police available to instantly stop and confiscate the offending vehicles and if they are dodging tax then the chances are that the vehicle are not registered to the person that really does own it and drive it.

My verdict - Smoke & Mirrors.

Prepare to be mugged.

Or are we about to see police road blocks at EVERY motorway exit. If that is the case then speeding and congestion on motorways will instantly cease to be a problem as once you are on you'll just park up and wait until your number is called.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.