Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ball Joint choice.
Delinquent

posted on 20/10/07 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Ball Joint choice.

Anyone have any recommendations for places to look for balljoints? I've been looking through web pages and the like but not getting very far at the moment! There doesn't appear to be a "ball joint catalogue" as far as I can tell.

Edited to make a bit more sense...

[Edited on 20/10/07 by Delinquent]

RazMan

posted on 20/10/07 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on the application really - what do you need?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Delinquent

posted on 20/10/07 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ball joints for top and bottom front wishbone, TRE, Urethane Bushes for all inboards wishbone points, plus some rod eye's for the rear outer upper and lower (so I can adjust toe)

I've found one source of Urethane bushes, but they seem rather long - is it normal to cut these down?!

Just trying to tie the suspension design up a bit further, but can't really without decent dims.

mark chandler

posted on 20/10/07 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
I used series landrover ball joints for mine, taper is the same for as cortina uprights but its a smaller thread 13/16 UNF but if you get the drag link tube you get a threaded section.

Its around £7 for a new one.

Early classic range rover panard rod bushes are very close if not the same size, you can get polybushes for these really cheaply. The later classics had larger bushes.

Cheap place for rose joints is Ebay, a chap in scotland flogs loads.

Regards Mark

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 20/10/07 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
McGill Motorsport is the place to get rose joints. He comes highly recomended from a few folk on here.

Bob C

posted on 20/10/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
I needed balljoints for the kitten & this forum pointed to the alfa 164 ones - purrfect!!! (bottom)
At the top I used herald ones

[Edited on 20/10/07 by Bob C]

Delinquent

posted on 20/10/07 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TGR-ECOSSE
McGill Motorsport is the place to get rose joints. He comes highly recomended from a few folk on here.

bloody hell - at those prices I may just consider using them all round! Cheers for that. I'll drop him a line and see what size he recommends for the various apps and have a look at the cost difference.

164 joints look quite handy otherwise - Don't suppose you'd know roughly what angle the mount plate is at would you Bob? My lower wishbone only has 2 deg fall

andygtt

posted on 21/10/07 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Wisbech engineering.
http://www.wisbech-engineering.co.uk/id6.html

for info the lower front wishbone balljoint on the Ultima is a push in Vaxhaul unit.

Andy

please redefine your limits.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.