New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: England R Great
paulmw

posted on 21/11/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
England R Great

2 nil down at half time. We are absolute cack
billynomates

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Even if we win, there's no way Mclaren should keep his job.

And now he's bringing beckham on to save us. He's probably more concerned about getting mud on his shirt.

stuart_g

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
get mclaren out
Simon

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
At least the BBC won't have to squander my tax pounds trying to outbid Sky for a 3rd class competition.

As you can tell, I think football is a cack game with a load of poncy prancing prima donners. As Lawrence D' (in rugby circles) called it on Top Gear t'other night - the Andrex League

ATB

Simon

TimC

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
What have Lewis Hamilton and the English F.A. got in common?

They've both got sh*t McLarens.

billynomates

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Did I hear motty say Willie Carson was in goal?
billynomates

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
At least the BBC won't have to squander my tax pounds trying to outbid Sky for a 3rd class competition.

As you can tell, I think football is a cack game with a load of poncy prancing prima donners. As Lawrence D' (in rugby circles) called it on Top Gear t'other night - the Andrex League

ATB

Simon

Maybe they should introduce an 'easy' option for scoring points in football. What about kick the ball over the crossbar and you get half a goal?

billynomates

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Contrary to my previous post - There's only one David Beckham.
martyn_16v

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Oh arse, we've equalised That means we'll have at least another year of that smug grinning twunt in charge of our brave bunch of headless chickens. We need a proper failure to start people realising that we aren't as good as The Sun newspaper says we are, and that we never will be unless we start making some fairly major changes.

Simon

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
..... good as The Sun newspaper ...

Sorry, I think you've been misinformed. Replace "news", with "toilet"

ATB

Simon

martyn_16v

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Too rough for my delicate bottom More like a builders comic...

Well that didn't take too long did it?

billynomates

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I think the re-introduction of the home nations matches would be better than being in the euro championship finals
thunderace

posted on 21/11/07 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
the problem is the english problem ,i remember the 80s when gangs ran riot in glasgow (scotish and english),so how bad would it be now.
dave1888

posted on 21/11/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
MONEY thats the problem with English football. To many clubs trying to buy instant success and failing the youth system. The best thing to happen to Scottish football was greed, the SFA (Roger Mitchell) tried to hold Sky to ransome over tv money sky said on yer bike so the clubs couldn't afford to bring in johnny foreigner so we had to develope the youth system. Now look at the fifa rankings Scotland lying 13th a mere 2 places behind England. Trust me ditch the imports bring in the youth.
omega 24 v6

posted on 21/11/07 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Well said Dave1888

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Mansfield

posted on 21/11/07 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think he said we had Frank Carson in goal.
martyn_16v

posted on 21/11/07 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Limiting the number of foreigners in premiership teams won't make english players any better, it'll just make the premiership worse. There weren't any foreigners in the 1st division back in the 70's/80's, and we were just as pants then as we are now (actually we were probably even worse, at least at the moment we qualify for most competitions, back then we missed plenty). And of course it won't happen because it's against EU law.

The problem is at grass roots level, the game we teach our kids doesn't foster any kind of skill or technique, it's all about the great english traditions of pride, passion, and kicking the crap out of the little fast kid who's "showing off".

[Edited on 21/11/07 by martyn_16v]

_Aero_

posted on 21/11/07 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
Limiting the number of foreigners in premiership teams won't make english players any better, it'll just make the premiership worse. There weren't any foreigners in the 1st division back in the 70's/80's, and we were just as pants then as we are now (actually we were probably even worse, at least at the moment we qualify for most competitions, back then we missed plenty). And of course it won't happen because it's against EU law.

The problem is at grass roots level, the game we teach our kids doesn't foster any kind of skill or technique, it's all about the great english traditions of pride, passion, and kicking the crap out of the little fast kid who's "showing off".

[Edited on 21/11/07 by martyn_16v]

Slight slip of the tongue there mate - of course you cant kick the cr*p out of anyone nowadays - you get sent to the naughty boys room with a verbal lashing so severe that your life is under threat - yes really.

I blame the parents... and the school teachers, and society. Oh yes and did I mention the government?

Mansfield

posted on 21/11/07 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with you Martyn. I also think our best players benefit from playing against the best players in the Premiership, whatever their nationality. This should make our national side stronger.

I also agree about the kids, a friend of mine coaches kids he says much the same.

I cant imagine the first thing a Brazilian central defender is taught is to go through the striker in the first few minutes of every game.

A Nonny Mouse

posted on 22/11/07 at 01:49 AM Reply With Quote
Can't agree any more!!!
quote:
Originally posted by dave1888
MONEY thats the problem with English football. To many clubs trying to buy instant success and failing the youth system. The best thing to happen to Scottish football was greed, the SFA (Roger Mitchell) tried to hold Sky to ransome over tv money sky said on yer bike so the clubs couldn't afford to bring in johnny foreigner so we had to develope the youth system. Now look at the fifa rankings Scotland lying 13th a mere 2 places behind England. Trust me ditch the imports bring in the youth.

RK

posted on 22/11/07 at 03:33 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know what the hell you're all on about, but Mansfield's avatar is top of the table!
02GF74

posted on 22/11/07 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
It's not all bad yer know. In 2008, instead of sitting in front of the box drinking beer you will be getting on with the build. I expect next year we'll see a bumper amount of finished cars.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.