Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Embroidery?
Atomfun

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Embroidery?

Please don't take this as an advertisement!! But I would be inetersted in your comments!

I’ve been a car freak since my childhood, I’m now 54 and more addicted than ever! Two years ago I purchased my most radical car to date – an Ariel Atom. It’s a staggeringly quick car and my daily drive.

I was a member of the Atom owner’s club for quite some time prior to buying the Atom, just soaking up info and asking questions. It became apparent there was a need for Atom logo’d embroidered clothing but despite many promises, nothing seemed to happen.

My partner Angie loves sewing and it’s seemed a good idea if she were to extend her interest into embroidery. We purchased an industrial embroidery machine, software for designing patterns and then the learning curve began!

Now I have no experience of sewing or embroidery but, being a network installer I was conversant with computers so I learned the pattern design aspect. Two years on, some hard work and burning the midnight oil, I’ve become quite proficient. What’s more important is, I just love doing it.

We now produce items for quite a few clubs, forums and car manufacturers as you can see from the few samples below.

Please don’t get the impression we’re some large commercial operation employing dozens of people as it’s just me and Angie, working from home with one machine!

I have emailed Chris and if he approves I would post some pictures of some of the recent designs I've worked on.

Do say if this post offends and I'll remove it immediately.

John

PS That's why I wanted to access the shop

John Cooper

'Ariel makes your whites browner'

oadamo

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
would you do embroidery on work wear like jackets and t-shirts and things like that. what sort of prices do you charge for logos. do you charge per letter.
adam

Atomfun

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
We do all sorts of clothing mainly concentrating in anything cars or bikes. It's a bit of an extension of my obsession with cars!!

I'd love to post some pictures of some recent stuff we've done but I don't want people to think I'm some sort of forum troll

[Edited on 2-12-07 by Atomfun]

John Cooper

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
baseball caps, their the best

It might be worth creating a decent logo first... and one that shows that not all the cars are 7's

[Edited on 2/12/07 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Atomfun

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ski fleece hats this time of the year

John Cooper

oadamo

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
put the pics up. i cant see anyone having a prob with it. after all we will be benefitting from it to have our own designs
adam

SeaBass

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly I think you should look into donating to the site either as a contributor or trader if your intending offer services on here.

I would be interested in having some things made up - do you work with minimum quantities? I can provide vector based files for the artwork.

Cheers

Peteff

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
If you offered badges with peoples' forum names on so they could sew or stick them on whatever they wanted it might help identify them at kit shows.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

oadamo

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
If you offered badges with peoples' forum names on so they could sew or stick them on whatever they wanted it might help identify them at kit shows.

i like that idea.
adam

Atomfun

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Okay, at risk of causing offence!!

John Cooper

Atomfun

posted on 2/12/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
Firstly I think you should look into donating to the site either as a contributor or trader if your intending offer services on here.

I would be interested in having some things made up - do you work with minimum quantities? I can provide vector based files for the artwork.

Cheers

I was going to add, the only reason I haven't made a contribution yet is because I was hoping to have had a reply from Chris and maybe come to an arrangement.

I am only to happy to make a contribution. I would also like to help the forum make some profit as I do for the Atomclub forum.

John Cooper

_Aero_

posted on 2/12/07 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Those are AWESOME dude....

SeaBass

posted on 2/12/07 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Yep those do look very good indeed...

Atomfun

posted on 2/12/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the thumbs up.

18 months ago the only stitch I knew of was the pain in the groin

I'm still learning and getting better and it's because I love cars and related stuff that I enjoy it.

John Cooper

lsdweb

posted on 2/12/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
John - post a similar add on the Welsh Sprint and Hillclimb Championship Forum here

You'll have to register but I'm one of the administrators so as you'll have no problem (unless you change your user name to BestViag*ainUK or something similar!). We've been looking for championship clothing for a while.

Regards

Wyn

lsdweb

posted on 2/12/07 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
That was quick!

Your user account has been approved!

Atomfun

posted on 14/2/08 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
I hope you've all been enjoying the weather and having a little fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhRaXKolkc

John Cooper

Macbeast

posted on 14/2/08 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Be carreful with the copyright aspect on some logos.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.