Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 carb help
Pezza

posted on 21/1/08 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
R1 carb help

Hey chaps

Want to get my engine all plumbed in and was wondering what these inlets/outlets are on me carbs.

Which one do I connect my fuel line too?

Not even going to mention the wiring loom yet, pulled that out the box, took one look at it and it went straight back in lol

Cheers

Ben

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

StevieB

posted on 21/1/08 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Fuels goes to the one in the middle of the carbs, the one on the left is for coolant (I think).

The one on the right is a breather hose only - you could connect it through an air filter if you wanted to (IIRC it connects to the bike airbox)

BenB

posted on 21/1/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
The breather hose supplies atmospheric air to spring side of the CV diaphragm. On most bikes they feed into the airbox so that

a) the air is filtered
b) the air is at airbox pressure (ie same as air entering engine through choke) rather than atmospheric

However most people leave them to atmosphere and it doesn't seem to cause a problem...

If you temporarily suck on the breather tube you can get the mixture to go super rich for a second or two. An easy way to get flames and bangs out of the exhausts (as recently discussed)....

Bob C

posted on 21/1/08 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
the little tube in the 2nd picture is where the coolant comes out again (if you plumb coolant into the carbs)
The breather pipes (1st photo) push onto a 'thing' on the right side of the cylinder block, near the cam chain tensioner.

[Edited on 21/1/08 by Bob C]

mad-butcher

posted on 21/1/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
at least you won't make the same mistake as I made, connected the fuel line to the one on the left turned the motor on and fuel came spirting out of the little one on the right, as said fuel in bottom one
Tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 21/1/08 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob C
the little tube in the 2nd picture is where the coolant comes out again (if you plumb coolant into the carbs)
The breather pipes (1st photo) push onto a 'thing' on the right side of the cylinder block, near the cam chain tensioner.

[Edited on 21/1/08 by Bob C]

Oh yeah, missed that and assumed it was the breather!

It goes onto the little black box under the carbs o the right of the photo.

I had my carbs off this weekend to do the jets - it should be a bit fresher in my memory!

TimC

posted on 21/1/08 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Just like that... Rescued attachment Fuel Hose.JPG
Rescued attachment Fuel Hose.JPG

Snap-off

posted on 22/1/08 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

at least you won't make the same mistake as I made, connected the fuel line to the one on the left turned the motor on and fuel came spirting out of the little one on the right, as said fuel in bottom one

Ha! I done that too!

Pezza

posted on 22/1/08 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers chaps

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.