Other - see below

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC Middy - which is faster
Ivan

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
BEC Middy - which is faster

Another one of those questions .

In SA they have a couple of "Fastest Street Car" events a year and I have a dream of entering a kit car. I would love to beat some of the highly modified Ultimas, turbo exiges, multi turbo M3's etc and thought a Sylva Riot or Fury Menace with a turbo ZZR1400 would show well in such an event for around 10000 pounds compared to the 30 to 80 thou others have spent.

The event takes place on track with drag racing, 1km sprint, track laps and gymkhana.

All times are added together and lowest overall time win so a good all round performer wins, in general it requires cars with around 500 bhp/ton to win.

So which of the two above do you think would be best. Or is there another alternative.

Have chosen middys because of traction advantage.

Humbug

posted on 22/2/08 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
I would have thought the Fury should be faster than the Riot only because it has more enclosed bodywork?
westcost1

posted on 22/2/08 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
what about something like Andy Northe mk gt1 fast and looks the business or the spire sports car version. see thred a few above this one. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/386141.htm

[Edited on 22/2/08 by westcost1]

iank

posted on 22/2/08 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
I would have thought the Fury should be faster than the Riot only because it has more enclosed bodywork?

But the riot is lighter I think... So answer is likely to be 'it depends' longer straight high speed events the Fury will have an edge, shorter gymkhana type events the riot will probably pull away.

As a guess, could be completely wrong As a personal opinion I don't think the fury suits a BEC as well as a riot.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

neilj37

posted on 22/2/08 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought that a Sprint R would give quite a few cars a run for their money.
zilspeed

posted on 22/2/08 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
I voted for the R1ot over the Fury menace.
Seeing as it's designed as a mid engined car rather than a front engined car fiddled about to suit..

procomp

posted on 22/2/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi theres a lot of Ifs BUT's and maybes. But at the end of the day anything can be quick in a straight line. It's the corners where the time is lost and gained.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ettore bugatti

posted on 22/2/08 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Search the lowest, widest and lighest chassis/car for the engine and you have your answer.

Although good suspension geometry and aerodynamics counts too...

[Edited on 22/2/08 by ettore bugatti]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.