Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: modelling the bosses house
westcost1

posted on 6/3/08 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
modelling the bosses house

hi everyone i have had a fun week at work modelling my bosses house to get planning permission for a new extension and loft conversion makes a change from modelling building services what do you guys think? Im glad i steered well away from a job designing kitchens as i couldn’t take couples arguing over what they want all day and then getting it at home to lol Rescued attachment small.jpg
Rescued attachment small.jpg

Mr Whippy

posted on 6/3/08 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
I did this kind of roof on my build and it sucks, right pain in the arse and much better to continue the roof without the step back.

Don't know if you do much cooking but the fridge is on the wrong side of the kitchen. Try to keep the sink, dishwasher, cooker and fridge grouped together. Seems quite a small kitchen for that size of house. Oh and lose the unit in the middle of the room, just get's in the way.

otherwise the house looks fine

This might also be a good time to ask for a raise, he can't exactly claim times are hard

[Edited on 6/3/08 by Mr Whippy] Rescued attachment roof.JPG
Rescued attachment roof.JPG

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
What did you use to draw that. looks a bit like chief architect. It looks quite good. Ive tried CA before but not being used to CAD it took me ages do do something half recognisable as a house. I wasnt drawing an existing building though.

Where i live the council dont seem to like people continuing roof lines. For some odd reason they always seem to make extensions step back so the houses look extended.

Kitchen does look a little small to have an island but it might work, loks like there is about 600 - 800mm down either side if its all to scale. Im not always keen on grouping all of the appliances together. Often positions of windows and outside walls dictate where things are best located but i try and follow the working triangle principle. I site items that need external venting on outside walls (extractors, tumble driers etc). Items that use water together (convenient for drains).

What i sthe bit on the side in first pic next to extension - looks like a smoking shelter.

My only comment is that the extension doesnt look very big. Other than that its anice looking property.

[Edited on 6/3/08 by DarrenW]

westcost1

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
some good points there mr whippy especially the rise the new 911 turbo s drop top and range rover sport in the dabble garage that i have yet to model underline the fact that money is not a problem for sum.
westcost1

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have used google sketchup to model this as its quick and easy to use for this type of thing very easy to use the most simple 3d cad package to get to grips with and its free which is the reason we are using it. alot of models that people have uploaded onto the net that can be used to build things quickly. The small part on the side is a entrance to the new utility room and the extension is a possible office so is not to big. The dormer windows are also new as it has catslide type windows at present which look very 70s. As darrenw says the kitchen layout is basically the same as the existing one Windows and doors get in the way if things are moved about to much. i have renovations about the island in the middle myself. but What the boss wants ... lol

[Edited on 6/3/08 by westcost1]

westcost1

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
ok with cars just the garage to do now
there is a lotus 7 chasse that someone has modeled on the web to. Rescued attachment brians housewith cars.jpg
Rescued attachment brians housewith cars.jpg

DarrenW

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by westcost1
i have renovations about the island in the middle myself. but What the boss wants ... lol

[Edited on 6/3/08 by westcost1]

Does that mean you are just putting new doors on existing island? (sorry - couldnt resist).

i like islands in kitchens. Look great with sinks or hobs in them but a load of work to lumb up.

You have done a good job of it. I like the way you can see the detailed kitchen from outside. Just need to put a desk and computer in office bit now to be posh. I didnt realise dormers were new - they were one of the bits i liked the most.

Should certainly suffice to get outline permission or giv the planners the jist of what you want them to approve.

westcost1

posted on 6/3/08 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
thanks Darren we have produced cad layouts and elevations to so should be a very good looking proposal when all is finished. I may start to do this kind of thing freelance at the weekends when the car is finished to get some cash to keep it on the road.
Macbeast

posted on 6/3/08 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's much too big.

Oh no, it's just the picture you posted

iank

posted on 6/3/08 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
The hob, sink and fridge are fine if the island goes, as they are in a reasonable triangle (for the size of kitchen).
But if it stays you/he need to move something otherwise it will be a real pain after a couple of days walking around the damn thing.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.