Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VW Camper (tax exempt)
matt_baxter

posted on 14/3/08 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
VW Camper (tax exempt)

I know this isn’t the pace to try to sell it however there are many great, interesting people on this site and it is just a thought one of you may be interested.

Well I have a tax exempt VW camper for sale

Built in 1970 and had a new engine about 18 months ago which is a 1776 with twin carbs, built by Laurie Pettitt (Google him, top engine builder and all round good guy), which runs like a dream)

the van was re-sprayed about 2 and a half years ago however I lived in the outer Hebrides for a lot of this and as a result the dreaded rot is beginning to come through again, but saying this she is still in good condition and will be good far a good couple of years to come.

There is a relatively good interior with a good rock and roll bed (seat when driving and bed when you want it to be) that we have redone, a removable cupboard, an mp3 player with 12 disc changer, amp and sub.

I also have loads of extras to go with her if the price is right, like a bike rack, roof rack, tow bar, interior table and a spare engine (which is in bits but it is all there)

I will try to get some pics on soon

Let me know it your interested

Thanks for looking
Matt

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

MikeR

posted on 14/3/08 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
officially completely un-interested but .... what is the average price for these things now?

How fast do they go / stop and what do they do to the gallon?

(i keep seeing one around work, usually parked next to or close to the two really old beetles & i'm curious)

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/3/08 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
0-60 2 minutes

15mpg

200-25000 quid

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_baxter

posted on 14/3/08 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
0-60 2 minutes

15mpg

200-25000 quid

bit slow on the 0-60

bit high on the mpg

and about right on the price

well actually not really sure on the 0-60 my van is not really for that sort of thing but realistically I think it would be about 20-30 seconds, maybe even a bit more if unmodified (however you can put a Subaru Impreza engine or even a Porsche flat 6 in with little mods, makes it go a bit quicker)

The mpg is about 30ish again never really worked it out, Vans as a rule of thumb are for plodding along and relaxing, if you have ever been on a narrow boat, its the same sort of thing but for on land, take time and chill, I don’t really get stressed when driving her everything is calmer (and no I don’t smoke weed, I get tested at work and I’d lose my job)

The price well if I ever saw one at £250 the same age as mine, I would snap it up even with out asking SWMBO and I wouldn’t have to worry about the bl***ing as that is a bargain, as they seem to get more expensive the older they get, and they don’t seem to lose money now, just keep going up. Mine is about £4kish but they can go up to silly money I have seem them sell (not advertised, Sell) for £30,000, which makes mine a bargain.

snapper

posted on 15/3/08 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
The kids have shown an interest but i know that rot on a camper is usually a very big job once you have gone past the patch it up stage, however it may just be the right time to investigate.
Price and location please

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

matt_baxter

posted on 15/3/08 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I am in Rutland

But now the scary bit
I'd like £4000 for her but that is negotiable

Thanks for looking

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.