Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CVH engine height
sprouts-car

posted on 24/3/08 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
CVH engine height

I know this has probably been done to death by now, but looking at all previous posts i couldn't find the answer.

I'm building a 1.8 cvh in standard chassis and need to know how far below the chassis rail the sump should be (am i right in thinking that it should be below)?

DavidM

posted on 24/3/08 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
The book says the sump should be an inch below. I have mine set at 1 3/4" below and have had no problems with speed bumps etc.

David

westcost1

posted on 25/3/08 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there spouts car i am using an xr2i cvh engine in my car which has a standard chasse you will probably need to chop the sump down a bit to get good ground clearance as i have done my sump it is now the same height as the lowest part of the type 9 gearbox and the top of the rocker cover is about 5mm from the bonnet ill put some pics in my archive for you to see what it looks like. If you use a type 9 gear box mount from Westfield and mount that on the floor of the chasse that should give you the height of the engine if everything is kept parallel to the ground. If you have efi it will stick out the top of the bonnet like mine.

have a look at this thread this is what my sump looks like in the last pic http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=82088

[Edited on 25/3/08 by westcost1]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.