Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bec buggy
rebelrider

posted on 6/8/08 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
bec buggy

ive bought a buggy which had a 260cc engine its a cat c write off the 260cc has gone and i was putting a cbr1000 in. when ive just read that the buggys are limited to 20.1 bhp 15kw ?
ive got to take it to vosa to get it back on the road am i going to have to restrict the new engine down to 20 bhp to get it through ? HELP !

StevieB

posted on 6/8/08 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure how you'd even start to restrit a cbr thou down to that sort of level without making it obviously poorly sounding and a bit flat.

Better bet might be to get it running again with a cheap low power engine then stick something else in afterwards. CBR600 might be a better balance too.

smart51

posted on 6/8/08 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Vehicles less than 400kg (I think) with less than 15kw are classed as quadricycles. Vehicles over that are cars. One is subject to MSVA, the other to SVA. I don't know where you stand legally, but you may have to SVA it, worst case.
mr henderson

posted on 6/8/08 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
I assume you are taking it for a vehicle identity check.

The guys doing these are experienced inspectors, who will take one look at the engine and will know what it is.

You need to put the original engine back in

John

rebelrider

posted on 6/8/08 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson
I assume you are taking it for a vehicle identity check.

The guys doing these are experienced inspectors, who will take one look at the engine and will know what it is.

You need to put the original engine back in

John

The original engine is gone I dont have it.
so if i have to sva it is there much difference between msva and sva ? if its already been through a msva shouldnt much of a problem should there ?

froggy

posted on 6/8/08 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
quadricylce have much less stringent type aprroval issues than normal vehicle .i mot a few of these wing wang type buggies and as yet all the chinese ones are utter shat as a road car ,awful brakes positive camber and mental bump steer at the front plus no diff so they plough on then lift an inside wheel once you wind a load of lock on to turn a corner. putting 100+hp will need a bit of a re think on suspension and brakes if its going to be any use. one of my customers runs a buggy experience and they regularly snap suspension arms chassis tubes etc ,basically anything on these cheap buggies is cheap and can fail with no warning for off road it would be a giggle though

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.