Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX9 cat
Andy W

posted on 17/1/04 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
ZX9 cat

Just wondered if anyone know's the price of an end can with a cat built in it. I've been quoted £100 to hire one for five days, as I'll probably need it twice £200 seems quite expensive. Better still has anyone got a zx9 through the emmisions any easier and cheaper.

Cheers Andy

Wadders

posted on 17/1/04 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger do a cat for £105+vat. the full closed loop lambda system is £300ish.
i had to disable this to pass emmisions, so if your lucky you will pass with cat only.

Originally posted by Andy W
Just wondered if anyone know's the price of an end can with a cat built in it. I've been quoted £100 to hire one for five days, as I'll probably need it twice £200 seems quite expensive. Better still has anyone got a zx9 through the emmisions any easier and cheaper.

Cheers Andy

benedict

posted on 19/1/04 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
If you're saying that you'll need it twice as you expect to fail sva, bear in mind that most (ok not 100.0%) sva faliures are fairly easily remedied. You can usually get a retest in within afew days as it's often only 5-10 mins just to check the faliure points.
Cheers,
Ben

Andy W

posted on 20/1/04 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info, just thought i'd better budget for two go's though. The cat from tiger sounds ok, if it will get mw through S.V.A. , My mate's building an M.K. with a blade engine so we may share the cost.

Andy

Jim

posted on 21/1/04 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
On the second test I thought they only tested for the failure points from the first test. On my MK Blade I failed on emissions the first time and several other minor things. The brakes past first time and they did not check them again

Cheers

Jim

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.