Board logo

Testing........
phelpsa - 8/7/10 at 09:16 AM

Now that I can't go to North Weald on Friday (in hospital less one appendix) I need to find an alternative venue for testing before trying the last few hill climbs of the season.

If anyone knows of a suitable test / track day anywhere in late July / early August, please let me know.

I need sonewhere with space to get the brake bias sorted and to make sure nothing's going to fall off.

BenB - 8/7/10 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
Now that I can't go to North Weald on Friday (in hospital less one appendix)

Ouch. How many did you have to being with then?
Bad luck! Get well soon!

TimC - 8/7/10 at 09:26 AM

Llandow Circuit near Cardiff? MSA Sprint circuit with very reasonable rates for testing.

A bit of a trek down the M4 for you but might be worth your while...

MK9R - 8/7/10 at 09:33 AM

quote:
Now that I can't go to North Weald on Friday (in hospital less one appendix) I need to find an alternative venue for testing before trying the last few hill climbs of the season.

If anyone knows of a suitable test / track day anywhere in late July / early August, please let me know.

I need sonewhere with space to get the brake bias sorted and to make sure nothing's going to fall off.

You have my sympathies, i went in 5 days before last christmas, it really bugggered up my build plans over the xmas break!!! Don't jump back in the seat too quickily, the 5 point harness perfectly lines up with the scar!!!

CNHSS1 - 8/7/10 at 09:46 AM

curborough is reasonably priced, although not local to you, either hire solely for morning or all day, or enquire if others that are hiring the circuit have spaces

Scott W - 8/7/10 at 09:48 AM

You could try RAF Odiham on the 18th July. It's a little more expensive than normal due to the event being a special one for Help for Hero's but you'll get food/drinks and a Chinook air display thrown in as well.

Lots of run of space included but the date/price might put you off.

pewe - 8/7/10 at 09:53 AM

Look at www.motorsport-events.com they organize Abingdon, Keevil and Hullavington days.
BTW are you sending the old man along to join the rest (of us old men) tomorrow?
Get well soon.
Cheers, Pewe

Alan M - 8/7/10 at 11:49 AM

quote:
(in hospital less one appendix)

Isn't that taking weight reduction tooooo far!

Nick DV - 9/7/10 at 07:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scott W
You could try RAF Odiham on the 18th July. It's a little more expensive than normal due to the event being a special one for Help for Hero's but you'll get food/drinks and a Chinook air display thrown in as well.

Lots of run of space included but the date/price might put you off.

Who can you book this one through? It was on one of the track day sites for a while then disappeared a few weeks ago!

Cheers, Nick

Nick DV - 9/7/10 at 03:19 PM

quote:

I am in the same position. I need to get some testing done just to see if anything falls off mine!!!!

Had my appendix burst when I was in Cyprus a couple of years ago. Luckily I was en route to hospital cos of the pain when it happened!!

Cheers, Nick