Board logo

Brands 5th Oct....Dax crash
jeffw - 5/10/10 at 05:24 PM

Leaving the pit lane towards the end of the track day today behind a Dax. The guy shoots off and has a slide round Druids on cold tyres before putting it into the wall on the straight.

Wall 1....Dax 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSeVqfveNPI

carpmart - 5/10/10 at 05:27 PM

Oops!

What a plonker!

Strange place to loose it too!

dhutch - 5/10/10 at 05:42 PM

Fail... (sorry)

Dangle_kt - 5/10/10 at 05:56 PM

could have been much worse!

Scott W - 5/10/10 at 06:11 PM

Doesn't the track have a slight bump there or something? I seem to vaguely remember them talking about it during a BSB bike race.

BTW, Jeff - did you used to post on Scoobynet? Seeing the name on the YouTube video just triggered off some dim distant memory of a chap on there with one very quick S4.

jeffw - 5/10/10 at 06:13 PM

Yeap...that was me I had a quick RS4 as well.

The guy is off line with cold tyres and too much throttle....straight to the scene of the accident. They red flagged it and got an ambulance to him although I don't think he is seriously hurt.

In the first hour an orange Sapphire Cossie lost it's oil starting at Druids and kept going all the way back to the pits..cue an hour wait for the clean-up. People never listen in the briefing...pull over and we will recover you...do not continue back to the pits. Plonker.

[Edited on 5/10/10 by jeffw]

steve m - 5/10/10 at 06:15 PM

"Doesn't the track have a slight bump there or something? I seem to vaguely remember them talking about it during a BSB bike race. "

it didnt 30years ago, smooth as silk

jeffw - 5/10/10 at 06:18 PM

The whole circuit has been relaid in the last year so no bump.

adithorp - 5/10/10 at 06:22 PM

He was off a bit quick right from the start. Looked like quite a train passing just as you came out; Lucky he didn't collect any of them.

Was that Lee Champion coming out in his Phoenix just as you finished the lap?

adrian

jeffw - 5/10/10 at 06:31 PM

Yeap, that was Lee. We where all together in two garages (Southern Kit Car Club).

jeffw - 5/10/10 at 06:43 PM

Turns out it was a 4wd Dax....

INDY BIRD - 5/10/10 at 06:44 PM

yep was there today and saw it happen nasty, cossie dax with irs not a good combination a bit snatchy and with wet track spells danger,

shame about the weather today still good to see a good mix of cars out there some very quick cars too, and on the way home stuck in a 8 mile traffic jam dartfor tunnel closed another accident.

bowood14 - 5/10/10 at 06:50 PM

In your vid you pass me at Graham Hill bend, at the side of the track in my orange MK Indy Fireblade having just spun I had been on track for 15mins so couldnt blame cold tyres !!!!! just trying too hard.

CRAIGR - 5/10/10 at 07:08 PM

Cosmick also had a spin in that vicinity. There is a slight crest there which can cause the rear end to go light but as said a bit overenthusiastic for an out lap.

bi22le - 5/10/10 at 07:37 PM

Whoops!!

Gutted I missed out on today. I need about 6 months notice to get a day off with my work!!