Board logo

MOT
Sij - 17/4/10 at 12:21 PM

Quick questions I have wipers and fake washer jets on my Locost which are not connected, Will I have to remove them and the wind screen for the MOT?

Also is reverse light a MOT requirement as I don't have one.

blakep82 - 17/4/10 at 12:22 PM

remove them or get them working!

reverse light not required for MOT, even if you have one, it doesn't have to work

Sij - 17/4/10 at 12:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
remove them or get them working!

Do I have to remove just the wipers and jets or the Screen as well?

reverse light not required for MOT, even if you have one, it doesn't have to work

Thank you

blakep82 - 17/4/10 at 12:28 PM

if you have a screen, then it must have wipers and washers that work. remove the whole lot. screen included

why would you have washers and wipers that don't don't work though? is it just so you don't get stoppped asking why you don't have any wipers?

[Edited on 17/4/10 by blakep82]

Sij - 17/4/10 at 12:34 PM

It the way I brought the car, it looks cool

blakep82 - 17/4/10 at 12:35 PM

ah cool well you can always put them back after, but would fail mot if they don't work

Sij - 17/4/10 at 12:37 PM

yep thanks alot

tomgregory2000 - 17/4/10 at 12:39 PM

quote:

i think you are wrong on this one, if its fitted it must be working!

blakep82 - 17/4/10 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
quote:

i think you are wrong on this one, if its fitted it must be working!

nope, it doesn't. had a e30 bmw and the reversing lights never worked. passed many mots while i had it. reverse lights are not tested.

DRC INDY 7 - 17/4/10 at 01:13 PM

reverse light is not tested working or not because if it was tested then it would be a fail white light is not allowed to be shown at the rear

mot tester