Board logo

Floor mount or Top mount
andrewturner - 24/8/08 at 05:35 PM

what are the reasons for using the different options of pedal mounts and what is considered to be the best for a locost?

ecosse - 24/8/08 at 05:55 PM

I went with floor mounted, but the only real reason was to keep the bulkhead area clear, just a neater installation IMO.

Cheers

Alex

C10CoryM - 24/8/08 at 07:12 PM

Hanging pedals are safer, less chance of a rock getting stuck.
However hanging pedals can be very difficult to get enough leverage if you have normal sized feet.
I opted for floor mounted in mine.

vorn - 24/8/08 at 08:55 PM

I went top mount (because I hate the feel of floor mount ) , used a willwood set-up.
Was hard to mount but I think it was worth it .

Cheers

Vorn

paulf - 24/8/08 at 09:04 PM

I fitted a top hung accelerator and clutch pedal and a floor mount brake pedal.Mainly because I prefer the feel of top hung pedals for accelerator and clutch and because it was easier to get the correct pedal ratio for the brake with a floor mount pedal.
A floor mounted brake pedal is ok to use as it has only a small amount of travel, I can also rest my left foot behind the clutch pedal when cruising so it is more comfortable.
Paul.

clairetoo - 24/8/08 at 10:54 PM

My Fury set-up is floor mounted clutch and brake with a top mounted throttle - a combination I find works very well

Michael - 26/8/08 at 06:33 PM

I have gone for Top pivot Clutch and Throttle, and floor pivot brake.

Tried all possible combintaions for clutch pedal, and top mount was best. Also can slide foot behind when cruising, but owing to the fact its still in build mode i cant say from experience.

jgs - 27/8/08 at 08:20 PM

I've driven a few older Alfa Romeos and some of those have floor mounted,(so to speak) it is a bit strange if you are not used to it but you do get used to it.

I am planning to use floor mounted in my Locost but this decision was mainly arrived at from a fabrication point of view.