Board logo

1983 chevrolet g20 dayvan
iDENTITi - 11/4/10 at 11:22 PM

Sister wants her chevy g20 gone.
Has no MOT, not sure about tax.

Brand new front brakes last year (driven about 300miles since then!).

Bodywork needs some serious work on it as its rusting to bits. Needs a new front wing and sliding door needs a repair panel on the bottom. Engine runs fine, sits at 50-60psi oil pressure IIRC. Has the 305 cubic inch block with quadrojet carbs. Done about 130,000miles. Towbar and electrics fitted. Needs to be gone by TUESDAY 13th though.. Shes having to move house and otherwise its being scrapped.

wilkingj - 12/4/10 at 11:33 AM

I'd Love it just for the V8, but my wife will kill me if I get anymore on the drive and in the garden, and in the garage, and in the shed, and, and, and....

Sorry... It seems such a waste to scrap a good V8.

iDENTITi - 12/4/10 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
I'd Love it just for the V8, but my wife will kill me if I get anymore on the drive and in the garden, and in the garage, and in the shed, and, and, and....

Sorry... It seems such a waste to scrap a good V8.

It's not legally driveable, they don't have the time to fix, etc. And no money for a car transporter (and its communal parking at their new house)
Couple of people wanted to buy it, but all fell through last week so they're a bit stuck!

Go on, you know you want it for the engine.

Brooky - 12/4/10 at 12:13 PM

Hi, my mate is very keen.
He is just trying to arrange transport for it.
can you u2u me some details like phone number and address please.
Oh and how much are they looking for?

iDENTITi - 12/4/10 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Brooky
Hi, my mate is very keen.
He is just trying to arrange transport for it.
can you u2u me some details like phone number and address please.
Oh and how much are they looking for?

u2u sent. It needs to be a DEFINATE pick up though, since they can no longer keep it at the address after 5pm tomorrow.

Brooky - 13/4/10 at 11:52 AM

ive passed the info on.

iDENTITi - 13/4/10 at 02:54 PM

Little bit slow, sorry mate. The scrappy came round midday and towed it off. She went ahead with it because there was nothing heard from you last night.