Board logo

Breaking 98 'S' Peugeot 406 1.9TD Estate
a4gom - 18/1/12 at 01:36 PM

I won't recap on everything in my previous posts but basically I have a 1998 Peugeot 406 1.9TD Estate in dark metallic green which I am breaking for spares before I weigh in whats left. The car had either a cam belt or tensioner failure which has broken the cam. As far as I know the rest of the engine is fine, the car was a good runner beforehand. The car has done about 135k, it's about 5k into a new clutch, a couple of hundred miles into new front pads, I got a warning for trackrod ends at the last MOT and they were both changed. It has a nokia hands free kit fitted, roof rack, continental winter tyres, Tow bar.

Everything is available, I'm happy to remove and post or deliver subject to time / value but I'm not going to spend hours removing something for a couple of quid. The car is parked on my mothers drive so I don't have engine lifts, ramps etc (feel free to call over and remove yourself if it's going to take a while or in a tricky place). I also have another gearbox with 72k on it.

If you want something which would make it unmovable you'll have to give me a couple of weeks to get it on the trailer first

If anyone is interested, wants more info, pics etc just give me a shout.
Car is in Oakworth, BD22.