Board logo

2ltr Zetec
ahunt - 9/1/11 at 09:52 PM

As per title thought i might try on here to see if anyone has one knocking about, The B-sieres in the MG is slowing giving up so was looking for a new lease of life.... Roughly around the 100 quid mark? Probably abit more if it comes with ancerries

Thanks Adam

mrwibble - 9/1/11 at 10:23 PM

might have to be quite high mileage for 2lt zetec?

blakep82 - 9/1/11 at 10:33 PM

this isn't tooooooooo bad
eBay Item

£175, but comes with gearbox, alternator and starter. says ready for direct fitment, so i assume all the intake system is there.

point is, you can sell the gearbox, dunno. 50-60 quid maybe? and any other stuff you don't need, like power steering pump perhaps? if its included. 102k miles, but thats about right for an engine that price i think

Chippy - 9/1/11 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
this isn't tooooooooo bad
eBay Item

£175, but comes with gearbox, alternator and starter. says ready for direct fitment, so i assume all the intake system is there.

point is, you can sell the gearbox, dunno. 50-60 quid maybe? and any other stuff you don't need, like power steering pump perhaps? if its included. 102k miles, but thats about right for an engine that price i think

Ermmm! No mate read the add, Cheers Ray
quote:

complete minus the gearbox, alternator, starter motor, front down pipe

blakep82 - 9/1/11 at 10:49 PM

oh yeah, so in summary, read the ad and don't rush in

oops

ChrisW - 9/1/11 at 11:36 PM

I've got a 1.8 blacktop Focus engine you can have for a ton. I've never seen it run, but was told it had 65k on it, and I've no reason to disbelieve that.

Open to an offer if that's too much, just want it gone.

Chris