Board logo

wnd manual tyre remover/bead breaker
whitstella - 24/7/12 at 03:24 PM

hi

just wondering if anyone had 1 there did not use anymore.

thanks steve

renetom - 24/7/12 at 05:28 PM

Hi
I used to do it the old fashion way
get someone to stand on the wheel & run over the edge with my transit van.
works most of the time.

owelly - 24/7/12 at 05:50 PM

I got fed up with the local tyre places charging £10 to change a tyre then £5 to balance it, plus vat, that I've bought my own tyre machine and balancer. I've used those cheapy manual changers and they aren't up to much. A bit flimsy but better than dancing round the rim whacking tyre levers!

fullpint - 24/7/12 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I got fed up with the local tyre places charging £10 to change a tyre then £5 to balance it, plus vat, that I've bought my own tyre machine and balancer. I've used those cheapy manual changers and they aren't up to much. A bit flimsy but better than dancing round the rim whacking tyre levers!

I agree. I purchased a cheap Sealey one and ended up popping a couple of ribs breaking the bead on a set of Pepperpot.. Also with in a year the poxy bead-breaker snapped off so I'm looking out for a tyre machine either air or electric.
Depends upon what you want it for mate.

whitstella - 24/7/12 at 06:02 PM

just had a puncture and the cost was about £15 and i thought it was an easy £15. i have done the old fashion way with series 3 wheel but not being that rough with alloys. so just thought i might get a machine or post.

cheers

dave r - 24/7/12 at 07:53 PM

think i may have some suitable air rams if you wanted to make your own ?