Board logo

New wishbone manafacturer
Andi - 29/3/10 at 08:29 PM

NTDWM. Can adjust to suit any 7.

Andi

[Edited on 29/3/10 by Andi]KLICKY

[Edited on 29/3/10 by Andi]

big_wasa - 29/3/10 at 08:41 PM

There was a guy on here who bought one of there zetec manifolds.

Lets just say I hope they are not welded by the same guy.

boggle - 29/3/10 at 08:46 PM

im thinking that they would be a pain in the arse to get right and adjust

RichardK - 29/3/10 at 08:48 PM

No chance of fitting mine, talking nutsack saying they'll fit any 7 imho

Cheers

Rich

v8kid - 29/3/10 at 09:13 PM

Look a bit rough to me. Also there are more stress raisers there than I've had hot breccies. I'd give them a miss if it was me but perhaps they have well hidden talents...

deanwelch - 29/3/10 at 09:17 PM

why would you not make/buy the ones for your specific make/model 7 imho......?????

MikeRJ - 29/3/10 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK

Have to agree, they look completely wrong for a stock Locost chassis, unless you want the front wheels moved forward (or back) by a few inches.

The designer also seems to have missed the fact that wishbones should be triangulated structures for good reason (then again so did Ron Champion).

Volvorsport - 29/3/10 at 09:41 PM

no chance ..... made to fit a 2b , are nothing like proper ones

hicost blade - 29/3/10 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

Have to agree, they look completely wrong for a stock Locost chassis, unless you want the front wheels moved forward (or back) by a few inches.

The designer also seems to have missed the fact that wishbones should be triangulated structures for good reason (then again so did Ron Champion).

Ron Champion didn't design the locost, Westfield did, then Ron Champion copied the dimensions (slightly wrong) into a book.....

MikeRJ - 30/3/10 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hicost blade
quote:
quote:

Ron Champion didn't design the locost, Westfield did, then Ron Champion copied the dimensions (slightly wrong) into a book.....

I was talking about the design of Rons wishbones, not the chassis dimensions.

hicost blade - 30/3/10 at 04:02 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hicost blade
quote:
quote:

I was talking about the design of Rons wishbones, not the chassis dimensions.

Sorry I was being facetious ........ I wouldn't touch those wishbines with a barge pole though

iDENTITi - 30/3/10 at 04:09 PM

They err.. look a bit crap.
No closeups of the welds either, so I'm reserving judgement on how good their welding is!