Board logo

Spare wheel on the Bonnet
morcus - 14/4/10 at 06:48 PM

I've been wondering recently what the legalities were regarding mounting a space saver on the bonnet and if other people thought this was viable?

speedyxjs - 14/4/10 at 06:48 PM

On a seven?

zilspeed - 14/4/10 at 06:49 PM

What kind of Land Rover do you have ?

It is a Landie you're talking about, right ?

blakep82 - 14/4/10 at 06:50 PM

^ and if its a space saver it'll just look a bit rubbish

snapper - 14/4/10 at 06:51 PM

If Landrover can do it so can you. You would need to cover it for iva and if it is on a 7 will look really naf

tomgregory2000 - 14/4/10 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
What kind of Land Rover do you have ?

It is a Landie you're talking about, right ?

Land rover + space saver

omega0684 - 14/4/10 at 06:56 PM

one question.... Why?

Why not put it on the back like normal? that way it won't obsure you vision either. i can't see IVA man being to pleased with it either

iscmatt - 14/4/10 at 06:59 PM

putting all that weight on the bonnet is probably not the best idea either, just but a wheel on the back, just like the original

Stuart_B - 14/4/10 at 07:09 PM

if it is a seven, i would carry a tin of puncture repair stuff, for short trips, or a recovery membership on long trips.

on a land rover off roader, got for a full size one.lol

stuart

morcus - 14/4/10 at 07:22 PM

I was actually thinking P6 rather than Landie. So Its not a good idea apart from Offroaders?
I was thinking about it because a friend recently had an RX8 and quite a while ago he had a blow out and he had to wait around for a few hours for the AA, obviously its not an option on an RX8 but I thought it could work on a 7.

Stuart_B - 14/4/10 at 07:28 PM

i know i could not afford to lose any more visibility over the bonnet, but i am short.

but i would be worried how to fix it, to the spare wheel to the bonnet, without the spare wheel ever coming off in an event of hard braking or an accident.

if i i ever carried one, it would be on the back, some where clamped on to the roll bar, with metal brackets.

stuart

dlatch - 14/4/10 at 07:59 PM

stupid idea stand in corner for 10 mins

deanwelch - 14/4/10 at 08:02 PM

bad idea..............nuff said......

swanny - 14/4/10 at 08:09 PM

didnt p6's often have a spare wheel on the boot instead?

rover p6 pic

snapper - 15/4/10 at 06:34 AM

Put towel on bonnet put spare on towel stand well back and take a serious look. If you still think it looks OK. revoke membership of Locost builders join local Art college