Board logo

AIM MXL Digidash
flak monkey - 22/6/07 at 04:34 PM

Look what I have just got my grubby mitts on.

An AIM MXL pro 05 datalogging dash with lots of toys. I need to generate all the cables for it, but thankfully I dont think that will be a problem!

[Edited on 25/6/07 by flak monkey] Rescued attachment DSCF0895.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCF0895.jpg

nitram38 - 22/6/07 at 04:37 PM

You lucky Bas................

flak monkey - 22/6/07 at 04:39 PM

http://www.aimsports.com/products/mxl-pro/features.html

First question, anyone know where I can find 37 and 22 way deutsch connectors?

[Edited on 25/6/07 by flak monkey]

flak monkey - 22/6/07 at 05:23 PM

Best I can ascertain the connectors are 37 way and 22 way bayonet locking MIL spec affairs.

Had a look on the RS site and needless to say they are a touch pricey, but I am not entirely sure I have the right ones. The pin layouts look the same, but theres Key N and Key A ones, and I dont understand the difference

22 Pin key N

22 pin key A

37 pin key N

37 pin key A

Any ideas?

Confused but excited. - 22/6/07 at 05:37 PM

I think you will find the difference is in the pins. One will have female pins (hollow), as in a flying socket. So that they make a pair of connectors.

flak monkey - 22/6/07 at 07:02 PM

Apparently its to do with the ribs on the plug which make sure you put them in the right way. Mine are N type apparently.

matt.c - 22/6/07 at 08:49 PM

lucky fecker!!! Thats the bo**ocks mate!!!! you dont really need that do you

I want a student loan!!!

[Edited on 22/6/07 by matt.c]

humphfury - 22/6/07 at 09:03 PM

Try www.deutschuk.com for AS Double Density connectors. If the connectors have a red colour band then they are N keyway (the most common).

Humphfury

flak monkey - 22/6/07 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by humphfury
Try www.deutschuk.com for AS Double Density connectors. If the connectors have a red colour band then they are N keyway (the most common).

Humphfury

Thanks for that, they do have a red colour band, and I have emailed deutsch for some info with the numbers on the connectors. Hopefully they can sort me out with the necessary bits.

No Matt you cant have it . Not even sure when I will get around to swapping them over. When I sort the new dash after SVA looks like a probability if I can get this one programmed and working (I dont have the USB lead a the mo)

David

bigrich - 22/6/07 at 10:18 PM

thats almost as sexy as the lady in your avatar

humphfury - 23/6/07 at 03:30 PM

Are there are any numbers on the connectors as I might know someone who would be able to identify the mating part.

Humphfury

flak monkey - 23/6/07 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by humphfury
Are there are any numbers on the connectors as I might know someone who would be able to identify the mating part.

Humphfury

Thanks, dont suppose you know where I can get them from?

What I need is a Deutsch AS614-35PN or Souriau 8STA6-14-35PN connector. Have emailed both Deutsch and Souriau in the hope one of them will be able to supply one of the connectors as I cannot find them from either RS or Farnell and I dont know where else to look. The closest I have found is the ones on the RS website but they are size 15 housings and I need size 14.

David

flak monkey - 25/6/07 at 04:14 PM

Sorted, got put in touch with Servo Interconnect by Deutsch. Now I need to find the money! Mil Spec connectors aint cheap...

humphfury - 25/6/07 at 07:39 PM

Yes, that's the company that my contact suggested.

He also mentioned 2nd mortgage!!!!!!!!

Humphfury