Board logo

Coronation Street -
T66 - 9/12/10 at 09:00 PM

I am lost for words.......

billy - 9/12/10 at 09:05 PM

Yes it dos realy suck!!!

T66 - 9/12/10 at 09:09 PM

I might go and see if I can help the fire service at a major incident, see if I can hold someones hand....

or even more ridiculous, arrange weddings at short notice on peoples death beds ...

Dreadful television, thank god for my laptop, utter rubbish

speedyxjs - 9/12/10 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billy
Yes it dos realy suck!!!

lol

andrew - 9/12/10 at 09:19 PM

very incensitive

Mark Allanson - 9/12/10 at 09:20 PM

The last time I saw Coronation Street it was in black and white

MikeR - 9/12/10 at 09:21 PM

personally i was very impressed with the acting, camera work and lighting ......... very very impressed. Excellent work by everyone. I'm not commenting on the script.

T66 - 9/12/10 at 09:24 PM

a crock , simple as...

T66 - 9/12/10 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
personally i was very impressed with the acting, camera work and lighting ......... very very impressed. Excellent work by everyone. I'm not commenting on the script.

Turn your telly the right way up....

ReMan - 9/12/10 at 09:31 PM

Cynics

blakep82 - 9/12/10 at 09:32 PM

dot cotton was going to watch corrie tonight she said on eastenders... kat slater said she doesn't like corrie, its boring lol. thought that was pretty clever

scootz - 9/12/10 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by T66
a crock , simple as...

Crikey... and I thought I was grumpy tonight!

JoelP - 9/12/10 at 10:10 PM

the wife was watching it so i caught some of it. Good enough acting that i didnt realise it was live! Awful scripting, but all soaps are. I do like 'desperate housewives' though, hilarious scripts

T66 - 9/12/10 at 10:12 PM

I made the mistake of watching the "students" protesting, ie hitting the Police with heras fencing, bricks and bottles, to prevent the government putting up Uni charges.

Just set me up canny for the Coronation street debacle, so maybe I am slightly more grumpy than normal.

Still was shat though....

scootz - 9/12/10 at 10:14 PM

Don't know what I've been up to today, but I completely missed the news!

Just watching it now...

Where are the water-cannons when you need one!?

stevebubs - 9/12/10 at 10:18 PM

Due to the missus, I had the misfortune of watching both the Eastenders and Corrie live shows over the last year.

Eastenders was terrible with wonky camera work and poor sound all over the place.

Corrie I didn't realise was a live show until I realised halfway through.

Script for both was a bit OTT..

T66 - 9/12/10 at 10:29 PM

Its all the screaming that does my head in, it doesnt happen !!

Ninehigh - 9/12/10 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Don't know what I've been up to today, but I completely missed the news!

Just watching it now...

Where are the water-cannons when you need one!?

There's still a hosepipe ban

scootz - 9/12/10 at 10:45 PM

Ah!

MikeR - 9/12/10 at 10:59 PM

Curious what this says about me and the misses ...........

We were both very annoyed that 'students' threw things at the horses. Would have been quite happy to have seen the 'students' who did that have things thrown back at them and a few corrective batton hits thrown in for good measure. Both felt it was wrong to throw things at the foot police officers - but far more acceptable / torrerable.

Did find it hillarious that one student who'd been kettled wrote a sign saying "let us go please" .............. awfully middle class, they even wrote please (although did wonder if earlier they'd had their face covered, throwing paint and smashing things - thats not protesting)

blakep82 - 9/12/10 at 11:20 PM

these students are a bunch of pricks...
the government haven't raised the cost, they've raised the limit on what universities can charge, so the university have actually increased it. start smashing the uni up then, see how you get on lol

[Edited on 9/12/10 by blakep82]

splitrivet - 9/12/10 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I do like 'desperate housewives' though, hilarious scripts

Glad Im not the only saddo on the forum, as for Bree I'd really lend her several.
Cheers,
Bob

stevebubs - 9/12/10 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
these students are a bunch of pricks...
the government haven't raised the cost, they've raised the limit on what universities can charge, so the university have actually increased it. start smashing the uni up then, see how you get on lol

[Edited on 9/12/10 by blakep82]

Not quite... the government are withdrawing significant funding from the universities... in order for the universities to continue on their current path, the government are allowing them to recoup the loss of this funding from the students...

blakep82 - 10/12/10 at 12:00 AM

yeah, i know its not really how i put it (i was never a student) but these protesting bunch are a load of pillocks anyway

baldeagle - 10/12/10 at 07:53 AM

Peter Barlow married the wrong one, it should have been Carla not Leanne

scootz - 10/12/10 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by baldeagle
Peter Barlow married the wrong one, it should have been Carla not Leanne

I don't think he had much of a say in it at the end!

Confused but excited. - 10/12/10 at 11:18 AM

Lost interest in Corrie (not that I had much in the firtst place) when Elsie Tanner (Pat Pheonix) left.
She was my 'older woman' fixation then. Certainly got my young motor revving.

Oops typo....again.

[Edited on 10/12/10 by Confused but excited.]

gazza285 - 10/12/10 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
The last time I saw Coronation Street it was in black and white

Buy a newer one then?

chrisxr2 - 10/12/10 at 07:47 PM

A man wtching corrie, so am i op, lost for words indeed.

Peteff - 10/12/10 at 08:15 PM

I haven't watched Confrontation Street since Minnie Cauldwell or Martha Longhurst's cat died and Len got nicked for kiddy fiddling at the baths. Even the theme tune makes me cringe nowadays.

Mark Allanson - 10/12/10 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I haven't watched Confrontation Street since Minnie Cauldwell or Martha Longhurst's cat died and Len got nicked for kiddy fiddling at the baths. Even the theme tune makes me cringe nowadays.

A man after my own heart.

I am surprised that fellow petrolheads even own up to watching it Eugh!