Board logo

bike carb inlet manifold
ryanill - 23/9/12 at 05:03 AM

hi all

the winter modifications have started !

one thing i was hopeing to do is to bring my bike carbs totaly in board so that the bonet fits over the filter (no big hole cut in the side) also to get best flow possable to the head

will the carbs be ok that close to the block ? the inlet pipes will end up being about 1inch on the short side and 2 on the long side.

also iv heard from some that to get better flow you can reduce the angle on the inlet pipes a little ( taking the carb float chambers off level)
ass when on a bike there never totaly level any way ?

any one go some infor on ether of these subject would be great

snapper - 23/9/12 at 06:03 AM

I've got a set with dead level inlets, carbs spaced out they work fine with the float bowls flat
Bike carbs are designed to work at any anglewiththe fuel pickup low in the bowl

whitestu - 23/9/12 at 07:54 AM

Mine are basically direct to head and work fine.

I just used the original ZX6R bike inlets bolted to an ali plate like this:

manifold
manifold

Stu

ryanill - 23/9/12 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
I've got a set with dead level inlets, carbs spaced out they work fine with the float bowls flat
Bike carbs are designed to work at any anglewiththe fuel pickup low in the bowl

Iv spaced my carbs to and I'm running a pinto. How close to the block are you carbs ?

snapper - 23/9/12 at 10:28 AM

Inlet runners are about 2" but I have to use a thinner 65mm Pipercross and that is tight on the bay sides
If I used a upswept manifold I could put the 90mm one on

ryanill - 23/9/12 at 12:12 PM

Yea I've started with an up swept one and guna use the90mm domed filter witch should fit inside nicly.
Just wondering how much I could sacrifice the float chamber level. Seem it's irelivent so should all be fine

Cheers guys ill post a pic later after its all been brazed together

ryanill - 23/9/12 at 06:20 PM

Hi guys here's the finished result needs painting still but here it is so far

[img]http://[/img]